Got update U303 on hopper 3

I wonder if that's because the pop-ups have been saying "coming February 11"? Maybe tomorrow it WILL be supported?
very good question to ask i wish they would fix before they relaunched it for today so that it would be easier for us

Last edited:
So, is this the new UI for the Hopper downloading automatically or is this just an update for the carbon UI testers?
If you are talking about a Hopper with Sling, it is a different version. This is U303 for the Hopper 3. The Hopper 3 launched with the Carbon user interface, previous firmware version was U301. HWS Carbon firmware begins U20X I believe.

well they fixed the 5.1 surround sound problem which is great to be honest with your since some of us got the hopper 3 it would be nice to watch ultra 4k hd

Reactions: Rixos
I wonder if that's because the pop-ups have been saying "coming February 11"? Maybe tomorrow it WILL be supported?
:(Now my 4K Joey says "Netflix will be available soon. Please check back after February 18th" when I tried to launch Netflix...:(
I guess I'll have to wait until then to watch Netflix. Unless I use my AppleTV. Or Sony Bravia. Or Panasonic DVD. Or... well, you get the idea, it isn't a big deal, yet.

Oh, and U303 appears to have fixed the OTA Module breakup issues! :D Time will tell, but my locals are coming in nice and clear on both the Hopper 3 and my 4K Joey.

... Oh, and U303 appears to have fixed the OTA Module breakup issues! :D Time will tell, but my locals are coming in nice and clear on both the Hopper 3 and my 4K Joey.

No change here. OTA Live TV plays great but recordings are hit and miss, usually broken up and pixelated.

Another day and still don't have u303. Is the Netflix audio available through Bluetooth from the Hopper? That's the main reason for me to want Netflix through the Hopper since my TV doesn't support Bluetooth.

I received the update yesterday around 1:35 PM. I wonder if they're going to a more friendly update schedule like when the receivers aren't in use. I usually turn my Hopper 3 off and leave my Joey on all night since I like falling asleep listening to the TV. My Joey has still been playing in the morning now when I wake up and since my update came while I was away at work and they had been off all day it makes me wonder.

Reactions: dsheri
With the U303 update, does search now work unified through both guide listings and Netflix programs?

I thought that was a feature touted about the Hopper 3...

but the problem is that the netflix app does not support ultra 4k hd what i heard that dish and netflix is in the process to fix the problem.

I made sure the Hopper was off, but the joey may have been turned back on after I went to bed (joey is located in spare bedroom and is being used by my mother, she may have turned it back on). I'll make sure it's off tonight and see what happens.

With the U303 update, does search now work unified through both guide listings and Netflix programs?

I thought that was a feature touted about the Hopper 3...
Prior to U303, Netflix selections were showing up in searches for me and it's still working far as I can tell..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)