Got X4 mapped in

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Well my 4DTV went OC today so I figured lets venture over to W5 and see if I can get the new X4 mapped in.Within about a minute channel count went to 4809, channels were there with DMX too using the 4DTV numbers not the 410. Listened to the DMX for a bit works fine. If your going to use the 4D as a FTA box or whatever next year go get the maps now since after the end of the year will you be able to?

BTW if you have AI stored you will loose it. Best to first remove it from your satellite list then go to W5 for the update. X4 will give you all of AI.

Ya, I finally did a master reset on my 922 to get rid of the non-working AI tile. It was no longer listed in the satellite setup and on the switch to satellite page clicking on it did nothing anymore and could not get rid of it.

ive got 3 master resets and all kinda other attempts trying to map in x4. its a no go on my end. what exactly did you do to map it. in the process i master reset my 922 which ereased its remote code which made me hit the sat button which made my 920 wake up and get master reset too. hahahahaha. now only my 905 with old maps can tune the w5 dmx mux and im kicking my own butt. i max out at 4782 channels.

crackt out,.

X4 shows up just by watching any channel on W5 for me.

so i need to be subbed ? i have one more month to sub before the axe falls, and 3 4ds to map. tonight i had to aim @ 58w for some tunes(too lazy to cable up the 905). but its not the same. 835 is metal anyways. i actually put on my headphones tonight instead of waking the neighbours with the paradigms. i think im maturing but i can only find 2 good channels on 58w. now sub or no sub ? i mean do i need to, to map cuz i think i need my hbo this month.

crackt out,.

Should not need to be sub'd, my 905 does not have any subs other than the guide from NPS and it picks up X4 too.

I have no sub's and got X4 by sitting on W5. If you go to any of the Motorola EMM mapped channels (such as G1-3) it does funky things. It makes my X4 go back to ku specs and moves the tile next to G4. When I go back to W5 X4 goes back to C band and moves next to W5. Two sets of channel maps are out there. I took 4 hits yesterday on W5 and I'm no longer OC all the "U" channels are working again. :) I do have a subscription to the guide thats suppose to go into late next year. I had an NPS supervisor turn my guide back on 2 months ago and told me they could only do yearly subs to that. It will be interesting to see what the 4D does next year when the guide data is gone from Starz on G1-3 .

Too bad Motorola wouldn't just leave one channel running with the maps being transmitted (generic and such) for us. I was looking at what a stock setup gives you and it ain't enough to cover all the birds I use for DVB. :(

Strange... my 920 still has AI and no X4 icon, but the 922 has the X4 icon and the AI but the AI is like a non working entity on the 922.
Not so on the 920 receiver. AI is still very much there even after a rehit through the internet.
Going to G1 changes the channel count downwards but as soon as you go to AI or W5 or X4 if you have X4 then the channel count increases.
Even a soft reboot on the 920 did nothing to get the AI to change to X4.
However, the 920 did go into "OC" mode which means it has not ben on any active DCII channels for taking hits for some time. I would have thought a rehit would solve the problem but it did not. The 922 still has active programming on W5 but the 920 does not have active programming on W5 just the Denver nets are active on the 920 receiver. Maybe to receive X4 you have to have active programming on W5?
Don't know the answer to that one.

Edited**
After typing this: I did a soft reset on the 920 after unchecking the AI icon so it was no longer on my active lists of satellites. Went to G1 for a guide update then back to W5. After 15 minutes went to options 6-4-4 and X4 was in there on the 920 and the AI icon was no wheres to be found anymore.
Maybe the soft re-boot did the trick, (unplug the receiver and then plug it back in again).

Last edited:
920's tend to need a soft reset to change maps, 922's just do it. When you go to G1 for the guide X4 goes bonkers moves the tile next to G4 and goes to the old G-16 ku parameters. When you go back to W5 it gets fixed within a minute. Just did a guide update then went to W5, X4 back mapped to C band, tile next to W5. I said it before and I'll say it again., Two sets of channel maps.

920's tend to need a soft reset to change maps, 922's just do it. When you go to G1 for the guide X4 goes bonkers moves the tile next to G4 and goes to the old G-16 ku parameters. When you go back to W5 it gets fixed within a minute. Just did a guide update then went to W5, X4 back mapped to C band, tile next to W5. I said it before and I'll say it again., Two sets of channel maps.
'
Yes, I unplugged my 920 on w5 and it loaded X4. I also then went to G1-3 and loaded the guide. X4 is still there and in the right place. So, thats good.

Well my 4DTV went OC today so I figured lets venture over to W5 and see if I can get the new X4 mapped in.Within about a minute channel count went to 4809, channels were there with DMX too using the 4DTV numbers not the 410. Listened to the DMX for a bit works fine. If your going to use the 4D as a FTA box or whatever next year go get the maps now since after the end of the year will you be able to?

BTW if you have AI stored you will loose it. Best to first remove it from your satellite list then go to W5 for the update. X4 will give you all of AI.

Is X4 in the same position as W5?

Not always. When they did the "AI" testing, it just appeared on my 920 after sitting on W5 a bit. Not so with X4 though.

I got X4. I had AI but when I programmed X4 it replaced the AI icon.

Looks like their still testing X4 as this morning around 10 o'clock I had been watching HBO on 330 but then the DC lock just dropped out and when back to W5 to finish watching my show. And so far I've not been able to get X4 added to another receiver as no signal for a lock.

Update: Well everything is back and my second receiver also picked up the new X4.

Last edited:
So far I've added X4 to two 922s, a un-subbed 920 & a 905 successfully. The AI tile stayed in the Mot 922 here too.

The 920 has been out the streams for a long time & showing "US" so it needs to be hit. I'll list this one on Ebay(& the classifieds here too) if anyone is interested. I replaced the battery earlier this year.:up

so to get dmx music on w5 I have to soft boot it on w5 then it should be there is this correct cause i miss DMX music, not sure why it disappeared

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts