Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
The question was posed as to whether or not the tiles would remain in place so that we could use the 920's and 922's thisl really danced around as our dish movers, Mike Kohl rually answering iteally danced around answering this. He said there maybe some future technical issues and all this can or may be worked out

I would not worry about it.

If they don't we will do it our selfs:D:D

Mike cannot say what hasn't happened yet. He is trying his best to make things happen. Testing is going on in more ways then one can see on the surface.. If it falls through we are a resourceful bunch here at sat guys. We will come up with some solution. Heck sat guys use bailing wire & duck tape to make things work, Why should this be any different. :D.

At this moment in time, I know that there is testing going on to keep the 4DTV units as good dish movers. Developing an 'alternate' set of steps, that doesn't turn the receiver into a brick, takes some time. We also have to wait to see what happens after the 4DTV data stream goes away on January 4. There likely will be some experiments after that date to finalize the steps required to continue to subscribe to the W5 services, while maintaining a good dish mover after the 4096 EMM stream is gone. Right now we've got 2 EMM providers 4096 and 4160 in the stream, and we really can't see the true results that will happen until after January 4. I believe that on January 5 and 6 we will start to see some creative conversion processes developed. For anybody who wants to keep their 922/920 as a good dish mover, they shouldn't do the SRL steps right away, just wait a couple of days to see the results of the post January 4 testing :)

Good advice Davage. We need to all calm down and see what transpires before passing final judgment. I know about the testing too ;) :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts