GOTHAM News and Links

Gotham Deleted Scene: Gordon Gets a Peek at His and Harvey Dent's Future https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/gotham-deleted-scene-gordon-gets-140043048.html
Is there a future where the crime-ridden city of Gotham can be saved, perhaps by the tag-team of top cop Jim Gordon and legal eagle Harvey Dent?In this deleted scene featured on Gotham: The Complete First Season (out Tuesday on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD), Gordon (played by Ben McKenzie) has just had his, um, hat handed to him by the mayor, after a wild series of events left (corrupt) billionaire Dick Lovecraft dead by Gordon’s gun.Jim, as we know, now has a FastPass ticket for Arkham Asylum duty, but not before ADA Dent (Nicholas D’Agosto, now a series regular) offers the closest thing he has to a pep talk, in the scene above.Gotham Season 2 premieres on Fox Monday, Sept. 21 at 8/7c.

‘Gotham’: The 3 Major Changes Coming in Season 2 http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...ing-in-season-2.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3lIXxMf87
Gotham is heading into its second season and it looks like audiences can expect a few changes this time around. In addition to introducing new heroes and villains, the Fox series, starring Ben McKenzie as Detective Jim Gordon, will take a different approach to how it tells its story.While details of the plot of season two are being kept under wraps, but we do know that things pick up just moments after a young Bruce Wayne discovers a cave full of bats in the season finale. The show will then jump ahead a few months to find Gotham under the rule of the evil Penguin (Robin Taylor). Here’s what else fans can expect in the coming season:

Gordon's Past Continues to Haunt Him in New "Gotham" Clip http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/gordons-past-continues-to-haunt-him-in-new-gotham-clip
In the latest clip from "Gotham" season two, Jim Gordon's (Ben McKenzie) evening with Leslie Thompkins (Morena Baccarin) is spoiled when he receives a call from his ex Barbara (Erin Richards), who is currently in Arkham Asylum. When Gordon cuts his phone call with her short, she moves on to harass Leslie, who insists Gordon move away from Gotham -- until he reveals he "did a bad thing."
GOTHAM | Crazy Woman from "Damned If You Do"

Gotham Season 2 Review http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/gotham-season-2-review/
Two episodes were provided prior to broadcast.The first season of Gotham was very hit and miss. For everything the Batman prequel did right, it made some major missteps, either alienating comic-book fans or frustrating viewers in general. It was still a mostly entertaining and enjoyable debut year for the series, but the finale made it very clear there was room for improvement in season 2.And while the first two episodes of Gotham‘s sophomore run certainly point to the quality of the show having increased (certainly in terms of correcting the uneven tone of the first), it hasn’t really undergone a radical-enough shift to win back those who may have given up on it for issues that existed last season. For loyal fans of Gotham or those considering checking it out for the first time, though, season 2 gets off to a great start and sets up a lot of promising and exciting story arcs for the year, ensuring that those who do tune in will likely stick around for the long haul.After picking up immediately where season 1 ended, the show then jumps a month ahead in a move designed to shake up the status quo for many of the lead characters. Unfortunately, that trick feels forced when it quickly becomes apparent that the majority of these changes aren’t going to stick (similar to when Gordon ended up being demoted to working in Arkham Asylum for only an episode or two). Still, the premiere works in the sense that it establishes new threats and new situations for characters like the Penguin (Robin Lord-Taylor).Additionally, the interactions between most of the heroes and villains of Gotham remain as satisfactory as ever. Those which worked in season one continue to do so here, while there are also some new ones which hold a lot of promise. However, as well-handled as the relationships between characters like Jim and Harvey and Bruce and Alfred continue to be, there are some which just don’t work at all.

‘Gotham’ Swings Into Season 2 With Villains Front and Center http://variety.com/2015/tv/columns/gotham-season-2-review-fox-rise-of-the-villains-1201590327/
“Gotham” begins its second season 15 years in the future, with Batman swooping down to beat the stuffing out of a couple of thugs. Kidding! Of course, Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) is still just a kid, albeit one who appears to be growing up quite rapidly, meaning the series continues to engage in a not-so-delicate dance to advance its mythological ties to the DC Comics universe while maintaining its pulpy tone. To their credit, the producers have found inventive if sometimes crazily violent ways to pluck those strings, while creating an arc to this season tellingly subtitled “Rise of the Villains.”Once again, the criminals appear to be having all the fun, and a new one arrives to preside over the festivities: Theo Galavan, a shadowy character played by the always-reliable James Frain, whose direct connection to Batman lore remains a mystery. Without giving too much away, Galavan stages a breakout from Arkham Asylum, unleashing a group of psychopaths that includes Jerome (Cameron Monaghan), whose manic behavior certainly has Joker-like overtones. (The producers have been coy about the connection between the two.)Meanwhile, Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) keeps fighting the good fight – and getting the bejesus kicked out of him in the process – on a police force surrounded by venality and corruption. That will force both him and Bruce Wayne to engage in overt moral choices in the this season’s first three installments, weighing whether they can serve the larger good by doing bad things or allying themselves with nasty people.

Gotham Season 2: Robin Lord Taylor on Penguin’s New Competition http://screenrant.com/gotham-season-2-penguin-rise-villains-robin-lord-taylor/
The first season of Fox’s Gotham introduced viewers to multiple DC Comics villains, including Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova), Edward Nygma (Cory Michael Smith) and Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor). The show’s second season has been teased as “The Rise of the Villains” and will see multiple baddies from season 1 team up under the direction of new characters Theo and Tabitha Galavan, played by James Frain and Jessica Lucas.When Season 2 kicks off, Oswald will be the reigning King of Gotham following the exits of powerful players Carmine Falcone, Sal Maroni and Fish Mooney. However with change in the air, it remains to be seen if the Penguin can hold onto his power. Now, Taylor speaks about how the Galavans will upset the dynamic in Gotham.In an interview with CBR, Taylor talked about Oswald’s talent for manipulating the players around Gotham, but adds that in Season 2 he will be confronted by events that he did not prepare for and that he may not be able to control. Of course, the new pieces on the board in Season 2 will be the Galavans, but when asked about how Oswald will interact with the siblings, Taylor remained vague:

'Gotham' Co-Stars Morena Baccarin and Benjamin McKenzie Go Public With Their Romance at Emmy Afterparty https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/c...th-their-romance-at-emmy-party-205148169.html
Well, Batman, it looks like we've got a love connection.Gotham co-stars Morena Baccarin, 36, and Benjamin McKenzie, 37, arrived arm in arm at the Fox Emmy Awards afterparty on Sunday night. She looked ready for a date night in a low-cut red Reem Acra gown that was see-through in the bodice. He was smokin' in a Salvatore Ferragamo tux.People magazine and E! News are among the news outlets to have confirmed with sources that there is romance brewing for the pair, but really you need to look no further than this photo. Yep, they're totally hot for each other.Fans of their Fox series have witnessed their chemistry since nearly a year ago. Baccarin, who played Brody's long-suffering wife, Jessica, on Homeland, joined the cast of the Gotham last October. She's Leslie Thompkins to his James Gordon, and they dig each other on the show too. Just look:

'Gotham' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Rise of the Villains, Indeed https://www.yahoo.com/tv/gotham-season-2-premiere-recap-129646481460.html
From the outset, you can see a lot has changed about Gotham between season 1 and 2. Last year, the overarching story line was the mob war between Falcone and Maroni; it was well done and engaging, but fought against the DNA of the show, which was begging for the serialized stories about costumed maniacs. And at last, we’re getting it.The Plot..Theo Galavan — businessman, scientist, philanthropist — is a newcomer to town, yet he and his sister have already put down deep roots. He is both a friend to the mayor and to the city’s burgeoning population of crazies. Theo and Tabitha liberate a few Arkham patients — among them Richard Sionis (Todd Stashwick), Jerome (Cameron Monaghan), and Barbara — for some sort of super-villain team-up.Meanwhile, Gordon gets fired and goes to Penguin for help. In exchange for acting as his hired muscle, Cobblepot sends Commissioner Loeb to an early retirement. Captain Essen becomes commissioner and reinstates Gordon as a detective. Bruce finds the cave blocked by a security door and does what any 12-year old with a lot of money would do: He blows it up.

GOTHAM http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...-gothams-monaghan-perfects-his-maniacal-laugh
You can check out a recap of last night's "Gotham" episode, "Damned If You Do," over on Spinoff.Collider spoke with Cameron Monaghan about his role as Jeremy, a character that may become the Joker. Either way, though, Monaghan has perfected a killer laugh."I practiced so obsessively that I lost my voice because I was doing it so much," said Monaghan. "I heard that I had gotten the role, and then I had a few weeks during winter break where I was thankfully able to sit at home in my apartment, lock myself in, and just stare at myself in the mirror and make weird faces and laugh, obsessively, to the point where I was concerned that my neighbors were going to call the cops on me because I was, at 3:30 or 4 in the morning, laughing maniacally at myself. Similarly, when I found out that I was going to be a part of the second season, I continued to do that. It was beneficial to get to the hotel in New York a little bit early, and be able to work within the space of the hotel and be cut off in a city that I’m not familiar with and where I don’t know a lot of people. I was able to focus on that."While talking to Entertainment Weekly, Ben McKenzie talked about where Jim Gordon finds himself in season two and his potential ally, played by Michael Chiklis.“Michael Chiklis is coming in playing a character named Captain Barnes who is breathing fresh life into the near-wilting soul of Gordon, who’s becoming pretty beat up by not having anybody in his corner he can rely upon,” said McKenzie. “Barnes is ideologically driven. He believesthat broken-window theory -- if a kid breaks a window, you have to punish that kid; there have to be consequences for every violation of the law no matter how small. Things can change, but that requires absolute accountability from not just the citizenry but also the police force itself, so he’s a kindred spirit with Gordon.”The Hollywood Reporter spoke with showrunner Bruno Heller about the new season of the show."The first season was very much old-school Gotham, run by mobsters and the mafia," Heller told THR. "What we're seeing this year is the transformation of the underworld from that conventional underworld to a grotesque, larger-than-life underworld that eventually takes over Gotham and requires the creation of Batman."

The Brand New Threat Gotham Will Introduce http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Brand-Threat-Gotham-Introduce-87447.html
Gotham Season 2 premiered last night, kicking off what is being called “The Rise of the Villains,” and not only are the worst of Arkham Asylum running loose in the city (including Jerome Valeska and Barbara Kean), but we’re also seeing characters like Oswald Cobblepot (a.k.a. Penguin) and Edward Nygma (a.k.a. the future Riddler) take the next steps forward on their dark paths. Leading the charge this year is Theo Galavan and his sister Tabitha, who have a history with Gotham City. As it turns out, the siblings’ appearance on the Batman prequel is helping pave the way for introducing a sinister organization rooted in the past of Batman’s hometown: the Court of Owls.When asked by Comicbook.com whether the presence of the Galavans means that the show is interested in exploring the Court of Owls, showrunner Bruno Heller that the Court will eventually appear on the show, labeling them as “deep DC mythology.” He said:

Gotham Recap: Placeholder Drama https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/gotham-recap-placeholder-drama-125400004.html
"Knock, Knock" is the kind of episode that made me regret what I asked for last week. Bruce Wayne's subplot was relatively prominent tonight, and boy, is that not good. While David Mazouz's performance is as good as I had hoped it would be, the problem with Wayne's redoubled quest to discover his "true calling" is that it requires us to spend a lot of time with Sean Pertwee's Alfred. And if "Knock, Knock" is any indication, Alfred has been ineffectively neutered. Tonight Alfred acted fussy and generally nervous, a change in attitude that was signaled by his frequent use of ridiculously inauthentic British colloquialisms, like "I'll tuck you up like a kipper" and "my old sausage." He's a comedic figure tonight, like when he scoffs at Bruce's claim that he'll "train every day" and asks Lucius Fox (Chris Chalk) if he knows anything about how to fix computers.That change in Alfred's demeanor would have never happened in season one, but it's not a major problem unto itself. What's more troubling is the fact that Alfred seems different this season: kinder, gentler, less gruff. He even gets a maudlin little good-bye moment after Bruce prematurely dismisses him, though that moment was ruined by viewers' knowledge that Alfred serves Batman, not just young Bruce Wayne. Gotham's creators seem to be trying out new ways to fix last season's problems, but the changes in "Knock, Knock" are cosmetic. Throwing more villains at viewers isn't going to improve poor-quality dialogue, characterizations, and scenario. Poor Commissioner Essen is wrong when she says (twice!) that "it's a new day" in Gotham, and "Knock, Knock" doesn't offer many reasons to be optimistic.

Gotham Sneak Peek: Who Is Smitten With Jim Gordon's Girlfriend? http://tvline.com/2015/10/01/gotham-season-2-video-lee-bruce-alfred/
This Monday, in a decidedly lighter moment amid an otherwise very intense episode of Fox’s Gotham, Dr. Leslie Thompkins finally makes the acquaintance of young Master Bruce Wayne (who in DC Comics lore she becomes somewhat of a mother figure to).As seen in the sneak peek above, Lee meets Bruce at a magic-themed hospital fundraiser. But while mature-for-his-years Bruce is all business, asking about Detective Gordon in the wake of last week’s attack on the GCPD, it’s someone else who is positively (and rightfully so) smitten with the doctor.Who will break the news that Lee is already spoken for…?In the third episode of Season 2, titled “The Last Laugh,” Gordon and Bullock track down a nemesis from the past, leading to a standoff with that joker, Jerome.
GOTHAM | A Magician from "Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh"

‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/gotham-ep-tonight-joker-origin-005412890.html
SPOILER ALERT: This story contains details of tonight’s episode of GothamEXCLUSIVE: In a move that many shows would have saved for a season finale, the Batman backstory series tonight laid some new tracks for the origins of the Caped Crusader’s archenemy. Having teased and toyed out the emergence of the Joker since the last half of Gotham’s first season, Monday’s third episode of the self-titled Rise Of The Villains second season of the Fox drama added a whole new twist into how the sadistic criminal mastermind came to be and who he really is.In a way, it was all revealed less than halfway through the episode when Jerome’s father last words were to tell him, “Your legacy will be death and madness.”As tonight’s mayhem-filled episode “The Last Laugh” revealed, the Joker isn’t the Cameron Monaghan-portrayed Jerome Valeska — at least not directly. Jerome now is dead, stabbed in front of the citizens and criminals of Gotham on live TV. But with a cult already growing around the chaos and casualties that Jerome and the rest of the Maniax escapees from Arkham Asylum brought to Gotham over the first two episodes and the deep-pocketed gala charity ball on tonight’s show, the Joker is coming.

Is Jerome Really The Joker? Here's What Gotham's Creator Says http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Jerome-Really-Joker-Here-What-Gotham-Creator-Says-90137.html
Ever since Jerome Valeska made a memorable debut in Gotham Season 1, the series has been cagey about whether or not the insane teenager is the future Joker. This kicked into overdrive when Jerome was broken out of Arkham Asylum in the Season 2 premiere and went on a terror spree in Gotham City last week. So far his M.O. lines up with the Clown Prince of Crime’s, but the series has yet to address whether a purple suit is in his future. Fortunately, an answer to that question will arrive shortly. Executive producer Bruno Heller told Nerdist that Gotham will set the record straight on how Jerome fits into the myth of The Joker. Heller said:

The joke’s on us in Fox’s Gotham http://nerdreactor.com/2015/10/10/the-jokes-on-us-in-foxs-gotham/#8hrhsx2eacC2Hhm9.99
Last season, FOX teased us with the coming of Joker. We were first introduced to Jerome. At first he was a shy, quiet boy who lived with his mom and worked at the circus with her, but later came his darker side. What we saw in Jerome was possibly the beginning of the Joker and his descent to madness before truly becoming Batman’s ultimate foe. As the second season came, we saw more and more of the Joker with each on screen presence of Jerome: the laugh, the smile, the insanity. As if Jerome had come to terms with his psychotic side, each scene we saw we no longer saw Jerome, but instead the future Joker. Now, the last episode, The Last Laugh gave us the biggest twist in the series: Jerome gets killed. Which now begs the question, if Jerome wasn’t the Joker, then who is?It’s been mentioned that the Joker is one of the villains that we will see the origin of in Gotham, but instead provided us with the Joker himself and killed him off. Cameron Monaghan’s performance is nothing short of stellar as he channels both Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger with his charm, wit and his wicked laugh. The first 3 episodes of Season 2 really pushed his madness; all that was missing was a chemical plant. But what was the purpose of Jerome in Gotham? If he isn’t the Joker, then why was he so strongly built around the Joker? The stand out feature was his comical laugh and his voice fairly similar to Heath Ledger’s Joker. He has the evil grin/smile of the Joker and even presents himself in comical fashion similar to Jack Nicholson’s Joker. And after his death, madness triggered across many viewers with them laughing hysterically at people’s misery.

'Gotham' gets a new police captain in Chiklis http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...ot-a-commissioner-Im-a-captain/7071444606629/
Michael Chiklis, an actor known for starring in the cop dramas The Commish and The Shield, will play another tough lawman on Season 2 of Gotham."I'm not a commissioner. I'm a captain," the 52-year-old, Emmy winner told reporters at New York Comic Con Sunday."This feels like an old, comfortable glove that just slips on, but it's a new glove," Chiklis said of his character in the Batman origin story. "I'm not interested in re-treading and doing the same things that I've done before. That's not interesting to me. That's not fun. What's interesting is it is this sort of great hybrid of two of the genres that I've spent a lot of time in my career -- that I keep gravitating towards, I suppose -- and, also, I guess the industry gravitates towards me for them, which is law-enforcement stuff and comic-book stuff. But, in both circumstances, this character and this world are very different than the ones I've visited prior. And, also, there is this great, heightened thing that goes on with Gotham. The DC Universe is very different than the Marvel Universe. It's a much more noir, Heart of Darkness kind of a feel, right? So, it gets into the evil that men do kind of darkness and I love the whole serialization of this show that we're going for; that it's not this stand-alone procedural. We're going big or going home. These guys have really blown the top off the whole storytelling aspect of it and it is exciting."

Paul Reubens Joins ‘Gotham’ As Father Of The Penguin – New York Comic Con https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/paul-reubens-joins-gotham-father-233741878.html
The Penguin aka Oswald Cobblepot aka actor Robin Lord Taylor announced Paul Reubens would guest star as his father on Gotham today at New York Comic-Con. Reubens also played the father of the Penguin 23 years ago in Tim Burton’s Batman Returns. That Penguin was played by Danny DeVito. In addition to Taylor, Gotham stars on stage included Ben McKenzie, Cory Michael Smith and Erin Richards plus new cast members Michael Chiklis, James Frain and Jessica Lucas. Exec producer John Stephens joined the cast to banter with fans and debut the accompanying sizzle reel (above) of things to come including scenes from tomorrow night’s episode.“We wanted to trace the development of Season 1 from old-time mobsters to trace the trajectory of the rise of the supervillains,” Stephens told the audience. “We’ll be telling one long story over the 22 episodes, so you can’t miss one.”

Could Gotham Bring Jerome Back? Here's What The Executive Producer Says http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-Here-What-Executive-Producer-Says-91947.html
Gotham Season 2 spoilers below. I know I’m not alone in thinking that Gotham has totally figured out how to keep things exciting in Gotham City on a weekly basis. Some of it has to do with James Frain’s intelligently devious Theo Galavan, but more of it was tied to Cameron Monaghan’s manic performances as the Joker-ish psychopath Jerome. Even though the character was murdered in one of the series’ most shocking scenes, fans have wanted to see more. And we just might get it. Before we start pulling out our bat-calculator watches and figuring out how this could possibly happen, let’s look at what was said by writer/producer John Stephens. If you watch the episodes closely, as they go forward this year you'll start seeing the seeds of the way that story will continue to develop. And we probably have not seen the last of that fellow.This response, according to ComicBook, was to a New York Comic-Con attendee whose Q&A moment was spent pleading for Jerome to get brought back to the show. Stephens would know, since he was the guy that wrote “The Last Laugh,” the episode in which Frain stabs Jerome in the throat, and the killer’s brief reign of terror serves as an inspiration for future lunatics, which is halfway serving as the origins of the Joker’s ideology, which itself may be the “real” Joker in Gotham.

'Gotham' Season 2 Spoilers: Episode 5 Synopsis Released; What Will Happen In 'Scarification'? [VIDEO] http://www.ibtimes.com/gotham-seaso...leased-what-will-happen-scarification-2139171
Theo Galavan (James Frain) is starting to become a real threat after blackmailing Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) into helping him take out the other candidates running against him in the election for Mayor. Thanks to Captain Nathaniel Barnes (Michael Chiklis) the GCPD may have a new strike force to control the chaos ravaging the city on Fox's "Gotham," but will it be enough to stop two of the most powerful villains in Gotham City when they team up with one another? The synopsis for Season 2, episode 5, titled "Scarification," reveals Theo and Penguin will join forces with a "dangerous family." Will this family further help Theo rise to power or will Penguin find a way to take back the upper hand and also find out where his mother Gertrude (Carol Kane) is being held?This family they team up with could be the Pike family, which was teased leading up to Season 2. The Pikes are a gang of arsonists and a new villain, Firefly (Michelle Veintimilla), is expected to rise through the family. The episode 5 promo video shows someone shooting off a flame thrower, while Detective Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) and Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue) try to stop them. There is also a clip of someone shooting a rocket launcher in the police's direction as well.Edward Nygma (Cory Michael Smith) finally made progress with Ms. Kringle (Chelsea Spack) last episode. Episode 5 should show their relationship grow more or possibly be torn apart due to Nygma starting to break down mentally. Will Nygma be able to hold off the voice in his head for much longer or will the voice seize control of him?

Gotham Writer Teases the Future of the Joker http://screenrant.com/gotham-season-2-joker-return/
The Batman prequel series Gotham has taken its share of liberties with the accepted mythology of the Dark Knight and his world. One major point of interest with fans is how the series is going to handle the ascension and evolution of the most popular and anticipated of Batman villains, The Joker.The recent and sudden demise of the heir apparent to the mantle of the Clown Prince of Crime – during the episode “The Last Laugh” – caught a lot of fans off guard and was certainly a source for confusion. Now, hints that come out of the New York Comic Con 2015 seem to indicate that perhaps we haven’t seen the last of Jerome Valeska (Cameron Monaghan).During the Gotham NYCC 2015 panel, writer and executive producer John Stephens had the following to say on the topic of the Joker and his legacy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)