Grande Communications

desiguy2447

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2004
A former AT&T Power 45 internet customer for over a year waiting for the AT&T Fiber to come into the new neighborhood which never occurred. So after two neighbors switched to Grande I made the jump from AT&T 45 paying AT&T $60 a month to Grande paying $46 a month for 200/20 with unlimited data. Thus far a good experience speeds advertised are given with the computers hard wired usually around 220/ 235.

So far all is smooth for those in the area (Frisco/Little ELM) who like me are like who is Grande? If your not on AT&T Fiber Grande is cheaper than what you are probably payingAT&T for for extremely low speeds between 6 to 18 unless your pair bonded and getting 45.

Also Grande is launching 1Gig speeds later this year to the entire area - beating out AT&T for the lack Fiber deployment, and most on my street are switching to Grande from AT&T.

Last edited:
Reactions: andy_horton
Grande Communications has officially begun to offer the 1GIG speeds as of this week via DOCSIS 3.1 modem for $70 before tax all unlimited to Little ELM and Frisco services area where its only competition is ATT for the most part ATT Copper lines

I remember when Grande was a small ISP down in the Austin area. I still have my email with them despite no longer living in Texas. I hope they keep growing and expanding and giving the big guys some real competition.

My DirecTV contract finally ended and AT&T could not offer me anything to keep me from switching over to Grande for TV with saving money and finally getting ESPN back and other channels. Direct TV is too expensive and more so if you do not bundle with AT&T Internet. Which not an option as we have copper lines here. Made the switch got installed with the TIvo system, and I was prepared for a downgrade in PQ Quality, but to me Grande seems to be sharper. To be noted Grande has recently done a major system wide upgrade with a lot of fiber, and other stuff. The Tivo system is much better than the Direct TV Genie setup which had the annoying pixeling on and off.

Reactions: andy_horton
Chattanooga TN through EPB (electric company) was the first to offer true 1GIG internet. Then they added the tv service. Only other alternative besides satellite or U-Verse or Comcast. Comcast is "trying" to offer 1GIG speeds, but I've been told by a very inside "reliable" source, that cable customers can only feasibly get between 700-800 Mbps down though them. Just limitations of their cable network, where EPB actually runs fiber into the home, thus making each of their homes a "node" by itself. Only time their service goes out is if the power goes out, or a channel problem. You can even still actually walk in and even talk to someone right there on Broad St downtown. I'm outside of the EPB footprint by about 25 miles. Lol..EPB has applied to expand, Comcast is fighting tooth and nail to keep them from doing that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts