Great News! Local Cable rates went up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cadsulfide

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Cavalier, North Dakota
Had 8 or ten calls this week so far, All from folks wanting to know how to get started with FTA. The local phone company raised their cable rates another $8/month. Most folks hate it. In town it leaks so bad you can get many of the cable channels with a set of rabbit ears. I'll also be betting that Dave and Charlie get a bunch of calls this week.

A good buddy stopped and told me he had convinced his wife he needed a dish array. She called and asked if there were any channels that would work with her Daycare setup. After showing her all the PBS feeds, SOAC, and some others she is on board too. I just hope there are enough DTN's, P*'s and buds out there in the bushes to create a local movement to FTA. :up:D

Cad, And they'll keep going up too! Had cable twenty years ago and ditched them. Now it's FTA, OTA, and the $10 welcome pak from Dish....the wife has to have her HGTV. I made sure I own the Dish equip too...no way will I lease anything. My cell phone isn't on a contract either lol. Blind

Our Cox rates have gone up considerably as of late, now $50 for expanded basic. But we also have Cox internet service, and must keep our current package for that reason.

Had 8 or ten calls this week so far, All from folks wanting to know how to get started with FTA. The local phone company raised their cable rates another $8/month. Most folks hate it. In town it leaks so bad you can get many of the cable channels with a set of rabbit ears.
damn..thats a major issue then if it leaks....Who is it? Polar? Doesnt sound like midco

A good buddy stopped and told me he had convinced his wife he needed a dish array. She called and asked if there were any channels that would work with her Daycare setup. After showing her all the PBS feeds, SOAC, and some others she is on board too. I just hope there are enough DTN's, P*'s and buds out there in the bushes to create a local movement to FTA. :up:D

make sure to get a dish for 91W for those Fighting Sioux fans ;)

Good luck with the setup :)

In town it leaks so bad you can get many of the cable channels with a set of rabbit ears.

Wow, that reminds me of rural Iowa in the 80s -- I got at least 5 cable channels in the bedroom that was unconnected to cable TV.

I'm convinced that cable is going the way of Blockbuster and Musicland. The "gotta have HGTV/ESPN" justification for $50/mth and a ton of awful channels is going to start looking stupid in the same way $20 for a CD and $4 a night for late fees do. Will FTA be the cure? I don't know, but I would think a few popular stations finally sick of 3 or 4 companies calling the shots could venture out and make some noise.

damn..thats a major issue then if it leaks....Who is it? Polar? Doesnt sound like midco

make sure to get a dish for 91W for those Fighting Sioux fans ;)

Good luck with the setup :)

Yea it's Polar, took 'em 9 months to bury a bad splice in the ditch in front of my place, every time it rains the DSL quits...seriously considering Wild Blue, but the prevailing gossip is their customer service is rather lackluster too.

Well, sounds like you could be in for a good start there! Once word spreads you could be very busy.
Gotta love leaky cable..........I used to drive around town tuned to one of the FM radio stations they used to carry on cable........I could pick it up in many places. Since they introduced cable internet they were forced to clean up a LOT of their wiring. They had crews here for months changing out old RG59 even before the launch. Some companies are a little behind perhaps?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts