Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well its been a wild and crazy ride for us this week here at SatelliteGuys.US!

From the server update that had us down..., and that got us a much faster website thanks to the work of AnthonyG!

To now where I am proud to announce, that after lots of emails, conference calls, and even a flight out to Phoenix, Arizona to meet in person with DISH Network CEO Erik Carlson, and DISH Chairman Charlie Ergen, that VIP DISH Support has returned to SatelliteGuys!

DISH Support agents (previously know as DIRT) are here on SatelliteGuys reading post and looking for members with issues. They are here to help YOU get the most from your DISH service!

Now as part of their support, some changes were needed in order to protect you DISH account information. And with this change PLEASE DO NOT give Private Message the DISH Support agents with your DISH Account information or credit card numbers! Instead when the Dish Support agents need this information they will tell you to go to a special support site where this information is kept secure with DISH.

Now this is just a start, as we are working with DISH on possibly integrating some of our systems together, however for what is setup now, I am 100% fine with! I am happy to see DISH Support back!

In addition you can get help 7 days a week from 8 am until Midnight Eastern Time from DISH Support here, or you can click on the DISH VIP SUPPORT link now located in our navigation bar!

Thank you Erik, Charlie and all the hard working folks at DISH for getting us back up to speed!

When you need support, always think of SatelliteGuys first! If our members can't help you with an issue (almost immediately) then we have the DISH Support Team who can help you out as well.

And most importantly THANK YOU for being here, thanks to the folks that donated to send us to Phoenix so we could meet and beg and plead with the DISH Execs :D ... and thanks to all our Pub Member Supporters for helping us keep the lights on!

SatelliteGuys and DISH Network... proudly Tuned In To You!

Again when you need to give DISH account information please use the link given by the DISH Support agent... or click on the link at the top of the page!

(Which looks like this!)

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 2.12.45 PM.png

It’s posted elsewhere they can’t help us thru SatelliteGuys. And they don’t seem to be answering PMs. I did not send account info, just asked if this was where I could ask for advice.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Correction, and quote from them:

“We would be more than happy to review your account to see what options we have available for your tech visit. We can also explore options to lower your monthly charges. We’re not able to make changes through Satellite Guys at this time, but you can reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: ....”

So I gather that is why my query about options in moving to the H3 was not answered.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah, I had already sent a PM a few hours ago with account information. Oops.

Correction, and quote from them:

“We would be more than happy to review your account to see what options we have available for your tech visit. We can also explore options to lower your monthly charges. We’re not able to make changes through Satellite Guys at this time, but you can reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: ....”

So I gather that is why my query about options in moving to the H3 was not answered.

Correct. Consumer privacy laws and policies have them making these changes which I fully understand

While I work my ass off to keep this site secure, I realize nothing no matter how hard you try will ever be secure.

They wanted me to sign a legal agreement with them to take responsibility if a Dish customers account information or credit card number got compromised via our PM system. I am no fool and said no thanks.

But as I said in my first message we are working on something. Not 100% sure if it’s doable yet but if it is we will do it.

We want to be the place you come to first to get help with your Dish service. :)

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts