Great sports moments on Halloween

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Halloween is a week from tonight, and I wanted to start a Halloween/sports topic.

I ask you guys these questions:

1. What are some of your favorite/memorable sports moments that occured on the 31st of October?

2. What were some of your favorite Halloween costumes you wore?

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy?

4. What are you doing for Halloween this year?

Not a personal "great" sports moment for me, but a memorable one just the same:

October 31, 2004: The 5-1 Steelers end the 6-0 Patriots 21 game winning streak (regular season and postseason combined). And this was the day after the Red Sox World Series victory parade through Boston. The Patriots would only lose one more game in 2004 (a 29-28 loss in Miami on MNF), en route to their second consecutive (and third in four years) Super Bowl championship.

1. What are some of your favorite/memorable sports moments that occured on the 31st of October? Can't recall any specific ones.

2. What were some of your favorite Halloween costumes you wore? I was Slash from Guns N' Roses a few years back. That costume was fun. My wife (then, girlfriend) went as Madonna, so the whole musical theme worked well.

3. What's your favorite Halloween candy? Not much of a sweet tooth, but I do enjoy Baby Ruth candy bars on occasion.

4. What are you doing for Halloween this year? I'm handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters on Friday and then going to a costume party on Saturday. I can't reveal my costume yet as the guy who's hosting the party visits this site on occasion and I don't want to spoil the surprise. I'll share my costume after Nov. 1st.

1. What are some of your favorite/memorable sports moments that occured on the 31st of October?

This one.

Not a personal "great" sports moment for me, but a memorable one just the same:

October 31, 2004: The 5-1 Steelers end the 6-0 Patriots 21 game winning streak (regular season and postseason combined). And this was the day after the Red Sox World Series victory parade through Boston. The Patriots would only lose one more game in 2004 (a 29-28 loss in Miami on MNF), en route to their second consecutive (and third in four years) Super Bowl championship.

Condom man, I was prepared.:D

Reese's PB Cups. :hungry:

Working.:(:mad:

About the only Hallowenn sporting event I would call memorable would be the first MNF game the Colts hosted in the Hoosier Dome back in 1988. We played the Denver Broncos and the ABC affilliate here in town, WRTV,(I work there now, but not then, I was still at WTTV, an independent.) gave out masks of Al Michaels, Dan Dierdorf and their sports anchor, Ed Sorensen!!!...:eek:

I will never forget some of the crowd shots they took with everyone with their masks on...it was a hoot!!!...:D

About the only Hallowenn sporting event I would call memorable would be the first MNF game the Colts hosted in the Hoosier Dome back in 1988. We played the Denver Broncos

IIRC, the Broncos get absolutely annihilated that night.

Wasn't there a Packers/Bears game on Monday night in which a fan leaped out of the stands to get an extra point or a field goal.

Wasn't there a Packers/Bears game on Monday night in which a fan leaped out of the stands to get an extra point or a field goal.

Yes, but that was in week 2 of the 1995 season.

OTOH, a Packers/Bears 'Monday Night' game on Halloween 1994 was noteable- for bad weather, specifically 50 MPH wind and 2.2 inches of rain that left Soldier Field a muddy mess.

http://members.cox.net/kbrews/nflwx/den19851111.html

"High winds, gusting over 50 mph at times, and a torrential rain made a mockery of the kicking and passing games in this Monday Night Football tilt. "

Last edited:
Halloween is a week from tonight, and I wanted to start a Halloween/sports topic.

I ask you guys these questions:

1958 - Billy Cannon's punt return to beat Ole Miss and preserve LSU's national championship season. I know - ancient history, and I was only two months old - but still my favorite. :)

I would wear my Dad's jeans and shirt backward, stuffed with newspaper, and the words "Bass Ackwards" taped on the front.

100 Grand Bars

Family has tickets to see "Walking With Dinosaurs / The Live Experience." Check it out: Walking With Dinosaurs - Tickets on Sale Now! :up I'm a sucker for anything with dinosaurs in it - alway have been.

Yes, but that was in week 2 of the 1995 season.

OTOH, a Packers/Bears 'Monday Night' game on Halloween 1994 was noteable- for bad weather, specifically 50 MPH wind and 2.2 inches of rain that left Soldier Field a muddy mess.

NFL Weather HoF -- Denver Snowball Defense

"High winds, gusting over 50 mph at times, and a torrential rain made a mockery of the kicking and passing games in this Monday Night Football tilt. "

I was at that Halloween night game, coldest I've ever been in my life (must have been 35 degress) & the earliest I ever left a football game. We left after halftime, they honored Dick Butkus in a halftime ceremony that we wanted to see. Also earlier that night a commuter plane out of O'Hare crashed killing about 40 people I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)