Greetings from CEDIA!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey guys, greetings from CEDIA! The first day of the EXPO is completed. And I must admit I have been kind of disapointed from what I saw from all 3 satellite companies.

The first booth we ran into was VOOM who was not even in the expo center rooms or the dome, instead they were in a hallway leading up to the dome. They were still showing a mock up version of their whole house DVR, which looks to be cool, now they just need to get it released. :)

Talking to the VOOM guys was like talking to any of the other satellite company guys, each one you talked to gave you a different answer. It was hard to get any real dates on when to expect anything. I hope to get some of this cleared up today.

Over at DirecTV things were the same, lots of people who knew lots but at the same time nothing. Each reps answers were different then the one you just talked to.

And on the Dish Network front, at least there were some standard answers, but thats because everything they were showing was not 1 to 2 year old technology. I must admit though that their new LCD screens looks decent.

Yesterday was mostly a day of exploring to see what we should report on.

We have 4 SatelliteGuys Staff members in attendance, Claude Greiner, Ilya, Tomy Taylor and myself. :)

Walking around the entire floor I was actually shocked that no one product jumped out at me as something that I really wanted to have.

Here is some early photos from the show, today we will be taking a lot more pictures, and we will also be shooting video as well.

Attachments

• rcadome.jpg
    rcadome.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 260
  • rcadomedoor.jpg
    rcadomedoor.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 282
  • siriusbooth.jpg
    siriusbooth.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 280
  • sirius2.jpg
    sirius2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 287
  • sirius3.jpg
    sirius3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 340
  • siriusradio.jpg
    siriusradio.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 277
Here is some more pics... Notice the picture of the 1 meter dishes outside, that was Dish Networks Satellite Setup guess they didnt want to trust a Dish 500 dish for the show. If you notice the LNB's they are each marked DP which we can only guess means DishPro...

More photos later

Attachments

• dish500.jpg
    dish500.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 372
  • dishlcd.jpg
    dishlcd.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 285
  • dishlcd2.jpg
    dishlcd2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 299
  • hdnet.jpg
    hdnet.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 304
Did dish have it's 942 on display? To me that's the next exciting application currently in development. Well at least until someone announces a cablecard HD Tivo with a Blue Ray burner built in. :)

Nope no Dish 942 on Display, the word I got is it has been pushed back to at least Q1 2005.

Today more pictures, and made a lot of contacts, had a good conversation with the folks from VOOM, Dish Network and DirecTV.

We also shot some video from all of the DBS Booths, including a full demonstration of the VOOM multiroom DVR, However I have not had a chance to listen to the sound from the video, I forgot my mic at home so the VOOM guy had to talk a little louder.

I will post them tommorow as uploading pictures from here is almost impossible. My plane arrives in Hartford at 12:30. I had a great time out here, I was very impressed with Indianopolis, I think it may be one of the nicest cities I have ever been in in the US.

Again we have made some VERY GOOD contacts and made some good inroads, this alone made the trip worthwild to me as it will help us make SatelliteGuys even better.

I will post my photos tommorow and will TRY to start editing the video on the plane, however I dont know if I will have enough room to do it or not on the plane. :)

I wish to thank Ilya, Tom Taylor and Claude Greiner all of them worked hard to spread the word of SatelliteGuys, some exciting new doors are opening to us. :)

Talk to you tommorow, I can't wait to get home, I miss my wife, I have not been able to talk to her since I have been here as she had her tonsils out on Thursday.

Thank you for the 942 update. I'm not surprised but at the same time I question the priority mix on Dish's part. I'll point my discussion points in another more appropriate forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)