Grill It

I downloaded it tonight and it looks pretty cool. Kind of steep. Costs 4.99, but I had to have it. Here's the link if you want to check it out.

http://www.weber.com/onthegrill/

Stimpson, I have a Weber Cookbook at home that is easily my most used/read book in the house. Not only do I look at it for recipes, but the most important thing I get from it is the method and time to grill a certain dish. Every meat is different and is to be grilled over different heat for a different amount of time. Following Weber's grilling instructions, I've never produced a bad dish off the grill.

For $4.99, that's a great investment! I also noticed it has a timer you can set and will buzz when the times up! How cool is that?! Sure beats carrying around an egg timer like I do! :)

Stimpson, I have a Weber Cookbook at home that is easily my most used/read book in the house. Not only do I look at it for recipes, but the most important thing I get from it is the method and time to grill a certain dish. Every meat is different and is to be grilled over different heat for a different amount of time. Following Weber's grilling instructions, I've never produced a bad dish off the grill.

For $4.99, that's a great investment! I also noticed it has a timer you can set and will buzz when the times up! How cool is that?! Sure beats carrying around an egg timer like I do! :)

I'l check Amazon. You can never have to many grillin cookbooks.

I'll go ahead and get it. Theres just something about a good book that modern technology just can't replace. Especially a book with nothing but happy endings.:D

Grilled Chipolte Salmon with Mashed Potatoes and Bread Smothered with Roasted Garlic

For dinner last night, I used a homemade dry rub (chipolte with brown sugar) on the salmon. Drizzled with canola oil and grilled over medium heat. Flesh side down first for 7 minutes or until the fish releases it's grip on the grill grates and then cook the skin side for apx. 3 minutes. When times up, the skin should remain on the grill as you slide the spatula just underneath to seperate the flesh from skin.

Also, the neighbor came over with some veggies from his garden. One of his gifts included a fresh head of garlic. I sliced off the top to expose the cloves, drizzed with olive oil and wrapped loosly in foil and threw on the grill over indirect-medium heat for about an hour. Afterwards, we added the roasted garlic to the potatoes and smeared it over italian bread. YUM-O!!!!!!

Excellent dish if I must say so.....

Attachments

• CIMG2188.JPG
    CIMG2188.JPG
    247.9 KB · Views: 150
  • CIMG2189.JPG
    CIMG2189.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 167
For dinner last night, I used a homemade dry rub (chipolte with brown sugar) on the salmon. Drizzled with canola oil and grilled over medium heat. Flesh side down first for 7 minutes or until the fish releases it's grip on the grill grates and then cook the skin side for apx. 3 minutes. When times up, the skin should remain on the grill as you slide the spatula just underneath to seperate the flesh from skin.

Also, the neighbor came over with some veggies from his garden. One of his gifts included a fresh head of garlic. I sliced off the top to expose the cloves, drizzed with olive oil and wrapped loosly in foil and threw on the grill over indirect-medium heat for about an hour. Afterwards, we added the roasted garlic to the potatoes and smeared it over italian bread. YUM-O!!!!!!

That's pretty, too! I love roasted garlic as well.

Bravo!!!!!!!:bow:clap

Flat Iron Steak with Caprese Salad and Corn on the Cobb

Got two of these Flat Iron Steaks for $7 at Whole Foods.

Seasoned with Canola Oil, Salt & Pepper. Nothing fancy. Good cuts of steak don't need much.

Grilled for 3 minutes a side over medium heat for medium rare. I also grilled Corn in the Husks for a side. (40 minutes over medium heat).

The wife made this amazing Caprese Salad to go along with everything. It had fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and fresh Basil leaves picked form our herb garden. Served with a Balsamic Glaze. This salad was excellent!

The steak turned out pretty good too. For any of you looking for a nice tasting steak for a decent price, I suggest searching for Flat Iron's. They aren't the easiest to find, but if you do, don't hesitate in picking up a few. There's not a lot of fat on them, but they do contain a nice marbling throughout the meat which creates for some tender steak. :hungry:

Attachments

• CIMG2203.JPG
    CIMG2203.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 181
The steak turned out pretty good too. For any of you looking for a nice tasting steak for a decent price, I suggest searching for Flat Iron's. They aren't the easiest to find, but if you do, don't hesitate in picking up a few. There's not a lot of fat on them, but they do contain a nice marbling throughout the meat which creates for some tender steak. :hungry:

I'll second that. We had flat iron's for dinner last night ($4.99/lb), and you can't beat the tenderness for such a low price.

Got two of these Flat Iron Steaks for $7 at Whole Foods.

Seasoned with Canola Oil, Salt & Pepper. Nothing fancy. Good cuts of steak don't need much.

Grilled for 3 minutes a side over medium heat for medium rare. I also grilled Corn in the Husks for a side. (40 minutes over medium heat).

The wife made this amazing Caprese Salad to go along with everything. It had fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and fresh Basil leaves picked form our herb garden. Served with a Balsamic Glaze. This salad was excellent!

I am lucky. Our Kroger carries Flat Irons. We enjoy a few of those a month. Love em!!!!!!

Flat iron's are great....as long as you dont overcook them. They are hard to find because you can only get 2 or 4 per cow, depending on how they are cut.

Grilled Pork Chop

Grilled Pork Chop, brined of course in kosher salt, brown sugar, garlic and peppercorn for 8 hours. Seasoned and let sit for 20 minutes prior to grilling. 6 minutes over high heat, flipping once. 6 more minutes over indirect medium heat.

oooohhhhh wweeeeee!!!! These suckers were good! Brining pork is a must! Adds so much juicy goodness to an otherwise easy to dry out hunk of meat. :hungry::hungry:

All washed down with a few Magic Hat IPA's @ 5.8% ABV. Wow are these suckers strong!

Sorry, no pics tonight. I was too damn hungry. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)