Grounding an RV install

hdtvdeprived

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 3, 2005
I installed a job today that was in a small RV park. There was some electrical service panels close by but ended up putting my ground block underneath the trailer since I had to come up through the floor. There was an existing ground wire connection to the frame so I attached my ground wire to another bolt on the frame. Ground wire is just a few inches long with the ground block tucked up out of the weather. Is this the usual method?

It also sparked an interest in how they ground satellite uplink trucks like those parked outside arenas and stadiums that broadcast sporting events on tv. I haven't come up with any info on the search button. :)

Don't bother ...... I don't even like grounding installs on buildings but PLEASE lets not start YET ANOTHER thread about that. This thread does intrigue me though. You are speaking about a fixed location mobile home I believe but what do you grounding fanatics think about grounding motor home installs (when parked).

So with all of their expensive gear (like ESPN) then they must not fear any damage from any sudden surge during broadcasting? ...unless they use some other method of surge protection I suppose.

Right now I'm watching the Lakers/Cavaliers game on TNT. Is this to say that none of their equipment is grounded including all of their cables? Interesting to know indeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)