GTA IV: Its almost time!!!

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
I'm starting to get excited for Grande theft auto 4. Only 8 days until it comes out!!!

Ordered GTA IV for my PS3.
Collectors edition (special edition)
At least the XMB network doesn't charge you a dime for wall papers.

I'm starting to get excited for Grande theft auto 4. Only 8 days until it comes out!!!

+1!

I pre-ordered mine (360 version) last Saturday. Gamestop's running a 20% bonus on trades for GTA IV and Mario Kart Wii (but they're not stackable). They're also running 20% bonus if you trade in 3 360, ps3 or wii games. So I traded in some old ps2 games and 3 wii games I haven't played in a while and got 40% bonus on my trades.

Ordered GTA IV for my PS3.
Collectors edition (special edition)
At least the XMB network doesn't charge you a dime for wall papers.
Yeah well, we XBL subscribers will be getting exclusive content with whole new episodes and missions. Besides I'm happy with my Halo 3 theme anyways.

I'm looking forward to this game, but unless it gets like SSBB or SMG type ratings, I'm willing to wait on my Gamefly queue to get it. Besides I have enough games that need my attention. I really need to get back into Mass Effect, which I can tell will take up many hours.

Yeah well, we XBL subscribers will be getting exclusive content with whole new episodes and missions. Besides I'm happy with my Halo 3 theme anyways.

I'm looking forward to this game, but unless it gets like SSBB or SMG type ratings, I'm willing to wait on my Gamefly queue to get it. Besides I have enough games that need my attention. I really need to get back into Mass Effect, which I can tell will take up many hours.

I am sure the PS3 will get something too...

Yeah I read in Game Informer a couple months ago that the downloadable content was going to be exclusively on XBL. IDK if that is still true.

Yeah I read in Game Informer a couple months ago that the downloadable content was going to be exclusively on XBL. IDK if that is still true.

DL content to be exclusive?
I don't think so.
PS3 will have their own content down the road..where M$ already has their own content @ release date?
So, how much is the exclusive content going to be? Or should I say how many M$ Points?

Oh btw:
Xbox 360 creates "limitations" for GTA IV

Yes its old, but hey.....the 360 version may not be the best.

The DLC will come to the Xbox first but I have not read if its a 360 only exclusive or a timed exclusive like they get it first and after a few months the ps3 will get it. Its possible. Either way looking at the record rockstar has with gameplay time and add the online elements, this game will take up alot of time before the DLC is even released

More like R* had to cut everything down to fit the game on the 360 disc.
Rockstar: PS3 "Contributing Factor" to GTA4 Delay - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

Rockstar product development VP Jeronimo Barerra has revealed that technical issues with the PS3 were partly to blame for last fall's delay of Rockstar North's Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3, X360).

"It's really no surprise to anybody that the PS3 was definitely a contributing factor to that," Barerra told MTV. "Now, we're neck and neck. That's not an issue anymore. But back then that was something we were taking into account.

I am way to addicted to achievements to buy multiple release content on any other system than the 360.

Also Rockstar said recently that the DLC for 360 will be entire new cities. Not just missions.

So Icewolfs loss on this one. :D

See above to my previous post. PS3 was fully responsible for the delay, and it wasn't a rumor, it was from the VP of Development.

Oh I know, which is why I said what I did several posts up that the console he was pimping got this game delayed entirely and he replies with a complete lie. His reply was pure 100% trolling, which is certainly not allowed outside of The Pit and The War Zones... unlike his comment I was speaking about facts I knew were true.

Well the co-Founder of Rockstar said this about the space available on the 360 dvd disk:
One of the problems with the 360, and it affects games like Grand Theft Auto if you think about how much content we put in the actual machine, is the fact that they don't have a significantly larger storage medium than the previous systems. It's a slightly bigger DVD disc," Houser told 1up.

He also wouldn't name names but he did state both have strength and weakness':

Both machines are absolutely fantastic, but they both come with strengths and weaknesses. The strength of the 360 is a very, very accessible, familiar, effective environment to work in. You're making the game from the get-go, everyone understands its PC environment -- boom, off we go. It's pretty good

GTA4 Sam Houser Interview from 1UP.com

Well the co-Founder of Rockstar said this about the space available on the 360 dvd disk:
One of the problems with the 360, and it affects games like Grand Theft Auto if you think about how much content we put in the actual machine, is the fact that they don't have a significantly larger storage medium than the previous systems. It's a slightly bigger DVD disc," Houser told 1up.

He also wouldn't name names but he did state both have strength and weakness':

Both machines are absolutely fantastic, but they both come with strengths and weaknesses. The strength of the 360 is a very, very accessible, familiar, effective environment to work in. You're making the game from the get-go, everyone understands its PC environment -- boom, off we go. It's pretty good

GTA4 Sam Houser Interview from 1UP.com
Eh... I still blame the PS3. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)