GTA IV: Its almost time!!!

I blame the Ps3 as well but some developers are saying the 360 might need upgrade to a higher format since space is getting tight for instance mlb 2k8 not all the content could fit on the disk, it had to be available via DLC. Some of my friends only have the 20 gig hard drive which gets filled fast.

Since you can get a 360 without a hard drive its not a standard ( the arcade version comes with a memory card instead of a hard drive)

There are some games that require a hard drive for online play such as final fantasy and burnout paradise.

How many of you guys pre-ordered GTA? Most of my friends did but i dont think that It will be sold out everywhere around here. What do you guys think?

Im pretty sure you will find a copy at a brick and mortor stor like best buy and such
I think it will be sold out at places like gamestop

I agree with this, and thanks for the explanation on where he got the anti-360 stuff from... though it had nothing to do with the delay I'll just drop it unless fanboy insists on taking pot shots at consoles in a thread about a game.

trust me i am not being a fanboy, I have all 3 systems and getting the collector edition of gta 4 for my xbox 360 elite.

I was just showing what the co founder of rockstar had to say about both platforms

Oh I know, which is why I said what I did several posts up that the console he was pimping got this game delayed entirely and he replies with a complete lie. His reply was pure 100% trolling, which is certainly not allowed outside of The Pit and The War Zones... unlike his comment I was speaking about facts I knew were true.

See below before you speak:
Xbox 360 creates "limitations" for GTA IV - Joystiq

There is a reason why I posted a link.

Last edited:
See below before you speak:
Xbox 360 creates "limitations" for GTA IV - Joystiq

There is a reason why I posted a link.

I'd already conceeded this point to you, but since you seem so eager to give it back, show me what in this article is relevant to the delay, while there is published proof that the GTA4 delay was due at least in part (with no other parts cited) to the difficulty creating the game for the Playstation 3?

You are a troll... and are throwing stones from your glass house...

Troll said:
At least the XMB network doesn't charge you a dime for wall papers.

Troll said:
So, how much is the exclusive content going to be? Or should I say how many M$ Points?

Troll said:
More like R* had to cut everything down to fit the game on the 360 disc.

I know it's your favorite article and all (you've brought it up before, remember? http://www.satelliteguys.us/video-g...1-xbox-360-limiting-gta-iv-says-rockstar.html), but more discussion about the game and less pot shots and you won't be egging on more arguments.... it's a good way to ensure we'll have to start over in a new thread when the mods lock it because you keep posting unfounded flamebait.

Fanboy or not DishGuy1181, you've made some good posts, keep it up! My previous posts indicating you were, were actually directed at Troll.

I just preordered this game from amazon.com, I actually used my 50 dollar HD DVD credit from amazon.com so the game ended up costing me like 9 bucks. Cant beat that! This is the first game in a long time that I have gotten really excited about. Cant wait to get it next wed from Amazon!

I blame the Ps3 as well but some developers are saying the 360 might need upgrade to a higher format since space is getting tight for instance mlb 2k8 not all the content could fit on the disk, it had to be available via DLC. Some of my friends only have the 20 gig hard drive which gets filled fast.

Since you can get a 360 without a hard drive its not a standard ( the arcade version comes with a memory card instead of a hard drive)

There are some games that require a hard drive for online play such as final fantasy and burnout paradise.

We shall see both versions, and see which one is better.
There is a reason why M$ released the 120GB HDD, have your friends get one.

You can't tell me that a 50gb vs 9gb version of the game is still same.
If it was exclusive to the PS3, I am sure Rockstar would have used the full power of a blu-ray disc as far as content goes.
Thats common sense.
But then again, what is done is done, the game is coming out for both systems, and they have to be the same except contents.

The person that keeps calling me a fanboy/troll ...well he is wrong, I got both systems, I enjoy both of my consoles, and my thoughts are:

RRoD for many people
No HDMI on the first gen 360's
No built in Wireless connection
Huge power brick.

PS3

XMB needs more content
Lack of mic/headset with the system
No HDMI cable included
On board memory low.

Maybe all of this problems will be fixed by the next gen systems.

Anyone up for xbox 3 / PS4?

I just preordered this game from amazon.com, I actually used my 50 dollar HD DVD credit from amazon.com so the game ended up costing me like 9 bucks. Cant beat that! This is the first game in a long time that I have gotten really excited about. Cant wait to get it next wed from Amazon!

I did an impulse buy at BB when I was picking up Gran Turismo a week or so back... just $5. Kinda regret that now that I'm thinking about taking a day off to enjoy it. I've never done that for a game release.

PS. /hug IcEWoLF.

If it was exclusive to the PS3, I am sure Rockstar would have used the full power of a blu-ray disc as far as content goes.
Thats common sense.

The person that keeps calling me a fanboy/troll ...well he is wrong, I got both systems, I enjoy both of my consoles, and my thoughts are:

RRoD for many people
Huge power brick.

PS3

XMB needs more content
No HDMI cable included
On board memory low.

Other than the pot shot at me, good post with things that could be debated civilly in another post not about GTA4.

Thats common sense.
But then again, what is done is done, the game is coming out for both systems, and they have to be the same except contents.

RRoD for many people
Huge power brick.

PS3

XMB needs more content
No HDMI cable included
On board memory low.

Maybe all of this problems will be fixed by the next gen systems.

Anyone up for xbox 3 / PS4?

The reason i was talking about the 20 gig on my friends, is becuase thats what ALL the first gen 360s came with. To force people to pay 180 bucks is high for people these days.

I have the Wii, 60 gb PS3, and xbox 360 elite so I got the pick of any game out on the market but i was just pointing out the problems that arise when its not uniform through all the skus for the 360.

Same goes for the ps3 with the mics not being included with every system like xbox 360 does.

The reason i was talking about the 20 gig on my friends, is becuase thats what ALL the first gen 360s came with. To force people to pay 180 bucks is high for people these days.

I have the Wii, 60 gb PS3, and xbox 360 elite so I got the pick of any game out on the market but i was just pointing out the problems that arise when its not uniform through all the skus for the 360.

Same goes for the ps3 with the mics not being included with every system like xbox 360 does.

As compared to the haves and have not's of the PS3 SKU's

Such as lack of Backwards compatibility or the ability to add such an ability at a later date.

Or those low end models of the PS3 that do not include Wireless?

Only system that is as is, is the Wii. 1 SKU. But besides first party titles, the games suxxor.

lol. :D

As compared to the haves and have not's of the PS3 SKU's

Such as lack of Backwards compatibility or the ability to add such an ability at a later date.

Or those low end models of the PS3 that do not include Wireless?

Only system that is as is, is the Wii. 1 SKU. But besides first party titles, the games suxxor.

lol. :D

Once upon a time, i said 'The Wii is such a bad idea, I hope it tanks and Nintendo tanks and starts cranking out their awesome franchise on the real consoles'.

So much for that :(

anyways back to the original post, whos getting it for the 360 and playing online? I am going to be all over it

Totally. Need to read more about the multiplayer, I know there's a 'free roam' mode where you and 15 friends are just left to roam a city and do whatever... if this is a seamless drop in/out instead of only a lobby system, that'd be awesome (see: Burnout)

Cops and robbers sounds awesome, so do a bunch of other stuff. Going to be amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts