OTHER GTMedia V9 Galaxy 19 Setup Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Gregory

Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
Boca Raton, Florida
Hi Guys,

I jumped into the FTA Satellite world.
I got a Freesat V9 Super[P] GTMedia receiver.
I got a 33" HIGH GAIN KU BAND SATELLITE DISH + LOW NOISE LINEAR LNB from eBay
The receiver did not have an entry for Galaxy 19 (97W) so I added it.
The antenna setup is LMB Freq Universal(9750-10750).
I don't see any entries in the Transponder (Does it populate when you get signal?).
DiSEqC1.0 is disabled, DiSEqC1.1 is disabled. 22k is Auto and Polarity is Auto.
I got the dish positioning from the internet
Satellite: 97W GALAXY 19 (G-19)
Elevation: 53.9°
Azimuth (true): 214.4°
Azimuth (magn.): 221.2°
However, moving the dish around never changes the signal intensity.
Is there something I'm missing to set up the TP?
Any advice is appreciated.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

You need to enter a transponder to use for aiming. 12152 H 20000 is a good one for 97W Ku.
You say LNBF is universal so you need to find where to change the LO(Local Oscillator) setting and make sure it is set to universal, if not manually set 10750 and 22kHz on.
Post pics of LNBF.
...but yeah, the receiver will not just magically find a signal without the LO set properly and a known good transponder entered. :)

I would suggest setting the lnb properly first as above, most likely 9750 - 10600 for "universal" and 10750 for "standard." It will say what to use on the sticker of the lnb.

Then aim the dish roughly, and blindscan. If you don't pick up any transponders at all, you need to tweak the elevation (1 or 2 degrees max at a time) and try again. Eventually you'll be pointing at the Clarke belt, then it's just a matter of going left or right until you're aiming at the satellite you wanted. Lastly peak the quality level with fine adjustments to elevation, azimuth, skew/tilt, and lnb positioning. It can help a lot to use a permanent marker for reference points as you go.

Wellcome to the forum!

However, moving the dish around never changes the signal intensity.

A hint: "signal strength" is usually just a sign that the LNB is working properly.
The strength must be between certain boundaries, but that usually is not a problem (only with very long cables, or with 'crosstalk' when using multiple LNBs for stronger and weaker satellites, or with certain televisions that don't respond well to too high signal levels,I believe).

When you aim at a satellite, it is "signal quality" or "SNR" that you want highest.

Greetz,
A33

Thanks for all the advice. I got an Aspen satellite finder and it is responsive enough to find satellites.
I can find the satellites, but I can't identify which satellite I'm pointing at. The GTMedia (FreeSat) V9 doesn't show and identifiers.
Also, there is no way to enter TP numbers. It detects then and automatically adds to the list.
Through trial and error I've found about 5 different satellites, None are Galaxy 19. Any way to identify which satellite you are connected to?

Use Google to search the found service name with a satellite service list like "sathint" or "lyngsat". Example: Google "lyngsat ______". A list of possible satellites will be displayed. Do this with several found services and it should be simple to determine which satellite you have logged services.

Reactions: KE4EST
I finally found Galaxy 19. Thanks for all the advice.
It was a little higher than I expected and had a weaker signal than I expected.
Setting the LNB freq to 10750, 22k ON and blind scanning picked up the channels.
I got about 140 free channels off it (There were a few transponders that were weak).
I was disappointed there were not that many english channels or network channels.
I'm trying for AMC 21 next...

Reactions: FTA4PA and KE4EST
I finally found Galaxy 19. Thanks for all the advice.
It was a little higher than I expected and had a weaker signal than I expected.
Setting the LNB freq to 10750, 22k ON and blind scanning picked up the channels.
I got about 140 free channels off it (There were a few transponders that were weak).
I was disappointed there were not that many english channels or network channels.
I'm trying for AMC 21 next...
Yes, mainly international programming on Galaxy 19 (97w). There is IBN, which is mainly religious, but also has hunting and fishing shows and some older family movies at different times during the week. Also, Kazakh TV is kind of like a PBS channel. I have seen science, history, woodworking, cultural, music, etc. It is available in English language if you use the audio button on your remote to change to it. :)

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

You need to enter a transponder to use for aiming. 12152 H 20000 is a good one for 97W Ku.
You say LNBF is universal so you need to find where to change the LO(Local Oscillator) setting and make sure it is set to universal, if not manually set 10750 and 22kHz on.
Post pics of LNBF.
...but yeah, the receiver will not just magically find a signal without the LO set properly and a known good transponder entered. :)
just now discovered this.
just takes one accidental key press, one suttle misalignment and you will mess everything up.
I also just had a similar problem and thought my dish or receiver broke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts