OTHER GTMedia

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah, I see them on ebay all the time and I tried to set up an Account on freesat.cn/forum and worked Once, then nothing. Afraid if I do get a GTMedia device because of that,I'll be left holding the bag. Are they a good product, seems I'm leaning towards V8X, I don't need The Terrestrial function, so.
again thanks for your help.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Yeah, I see them on ebay all the time and I tried to set up an Account on freesat.cn/forum and worked Once, then nothing. Afraid if I do get a GTMedia device because of that,I'll be left holding the bag. Are they a good product, seems I'm leaning towards V8X, I don't need The Terrestrial function, so.
again thanks for your help.
They aren't really all that good receivers for FTA. They are mainly used for piracy.

I picked up a Channel Master 10' Fiberglass dish from down the road and was wanting to receive C/Ku band. I know things are totally different from when I had a BUD back in the mid 90's, late 80's. so, I'm back to learning again. I was looking at the Amiko Mini HD265 or the
Amiko Mini 4K UHD. whats the Difference between those 2?
Ed

Short story:

1) is for those who want to watch what's on FTA.

2) is for those who want a hobby and also to watch what's on FTA.

If you get 2), try for the 2-tuner Mio+ version. You'll be glad you did.

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

I was looking at the Amiko Mini HD265 or the
Amiko Mini 4K UHD. whats the Difference between those 2?
Ed

The only difference between these 2 is the Amiko Mini 4K UHD will do UHD channels, the Amiko Mini HD265 will not. Currently there is only one UHD channel i am aware of on FTA and that is the NASA UHD channel on Galaxy 13 127.0W C Band. Otherwise these 2 receivers are exactly the same.

GT Media forum is shady. But their V8UHD model receiver does work well. Blind Scan is fast and doesn't miss much. And I can watch the 4K NASA feed on my 4K TVs. The interface is decent. Their other models are not as refined.

Amiko is better, but if you want to save a few bucks, the GT Media V8UHD isn't terrible.

Reactions: Comptech
GT Media forum is shady. But their V8UHD model receiver does work well. Blind Scan is fast and doesn't miss much. And I can watch the 4K NASA feed on my 4K TVs. The interface is decent. Their other models are not as refined.

Amiko is better, but if you want to save a few bucks, the GT Media V8UHD isn't terrible.
What about the V8X.
Thanks
Ed

Last edited:
The only difference between these 2 is the Amiko Mini 4K UHD will do UHD channels, the Amiko Mini HD265 will not. Currently there is only one UHD channel i am aware of on FTA and that is the NASA UHD channel on Galaxy 13 127.0W C Band. Otherwise these 2 receivers are exactly the same.
I found some Hispanic UHD channels, but they're all encrypted. NASA is the only open UHD I've found so far.

As far as Ku, I have messed with it for a couple years and unless you're bilingual, I really don't see much that interest me.

Lots of Arabic, Hindi and Muslim channels, which are useless to me. I do watch the Camel races on Galaxy 19Ku, but that's about it.

I've been watching the UHD thing and from what I've seen, they're moving toward higher definitions when 4K programming is hard to come by.

Instead of sinking money into 4K or higher equipment, I decided to invest in 4K DVD's and player to enjoy the higher definitions. It works out well for us since we have 70 4K LG TV.