Guess VOOM subscriber number's

Seanb61

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 4, 2004
Chicago
Cablevision (CVC) will report earnings for Q1 on May 5, 2004. During the last report they gave the Voom subs count = 1600 something. Take a guess at what you think they will report this time.

The number will be up signficantly with the deals they are offering right now.

Keep in mind that Q1 does not include April!

Ilya said:
Keep in mind that Q1 does not include April!

exactly only runs through March 31 - also i would look for some talk about the plans for voom and its spin off from CVC in the report

vurbano said:
We just need to start a voom chain letter since voom cant learn to advertise.
:confused: I've seen Voom ads everywhere, TV, newspaper and magazines.

rexoverbey said:
I still say the people dropping off voom is outnumbering subsribers.
Let's just ponder the math behind your post for a moment shall we? :eek: I see spelling isn't a strong suit either.

:p

What math is there to ponder subdude212? Should I give you some dy/dx function in Calculus to figure the rate of change?

Moderator Note: edited post...

Numbers would be higher if they would have added Espn. But I think it should be over 10,000. If it isnt then I would consider that a disappointment.

I do not see how they will spin off Voom with cable stations to keep it afloat if the number of subs is not at least 10k. If it is not well over 10k I see a very strong call from wall street for the Voom satellite and transponders to be sold off. Who wants good money making cable channels to leave your stock to go support a sinking ship?

I hope voom comes in 20k+ to at least keep it alive.

rexoverbey said:
What math is there to ponder subdude212? Should I give you some dy/dx function in Calculus to figure the rate of change?

Moderator Note: edited post...
Please do, I excel at calculus, differential equations and beyond. By your hypothesis the tub is emptying at a rate faster than it is filling. So where do you get your facts? your numbers to support such a radical opinion? By your calculation on what date will VOOM have 0 customers given the current rates of change? On what date do you figure the rate of cancellations first exceeded the rate of adds? When do you plan to cancel? Or did you even subscribe?

My installer told me that next month Bestbuy will pick up Voom.. if that happens alot more people should subscribe..

Voom advertises on HD Net all the time...which is good and bad, it reaches a ton of HD Customers but of course then they find out that they can't watch HD Net when they get Voom :(

I saw alot of Voom commercials, in fact the first one was when the services was 749 for the hardware, I was going to go home and order it until I saw the price.