Guesses on which premium channels get freeviewed in January

Deadlocked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
HBO: Series premiere of True Detective and season premiere of Girls Jan 12th/Cinemax : Season premiere of Banshee Jan 10th
Showtime: Season premieres of Shameless and House of Lies Jan 12th
Starz: Series premiere of Black Sails Jan 25th

I think it's going to be Starz and one of the big ones (Sho did freeview for Shamless/HOL last year) as I doubt we get all 3 (well 4 since Cinemax will be bundled with HBO).

the NFL redzone channel ;)

Maybe the NFL Network, by New Years Redzone is done for the season. I think homeland package is close to their next freeview. If NBCSN gets a freeview it'll be in Feb for the Olympics. Sundance's next freeview is likely for The Red Road premiere (then possibly again for Rectify season 2 but that's two freeviews in a short span most likely).

Maybe the NFL Network, by New Years Redzone is done for the season. I think homeland package is close to their next freeview. If NBCSN gets a freeview it'll be in Feb for the Olympics. Sundance's next freeview is likely for The Red Road premiere (then possibly again for Rectify season 2 but that's two freeviews in a short span most likely).

Man, you have great, albeit unlikely, expectations!

Man, you have great, albeit unlikely, expectations!

It's all about patterns man ;). Besides the NFL Network and NBCSN, there is a record of Sundance getting a freeview for ever new scripted program and heartland is right there with the DIY/Cooking as most freeviewed block of channels haha. I'm now on 250 so I have all of those now. For sure going to signup for Starz starting in Jan (Black Sails then DaVD) and debating Showtime (House Of Lies)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Free preview weekends of say Cinemax or whatever are ok but them putting a stupid popup saying it is just that annoys the sh*t out of me when you are trying to record things and save them for later lol.

Free preview upcoming Jan 2014

ESPN Full CourtMon01/06/14Sun01/12/14
HBOFri01/10/14Mon01/13/14
CinemaxFri01/10/14Mon01/13/14
Tennis ChannelMon01/13/14Sun01/26/14
NBA League PassMon01/20/14Sun01/26/14
NBA TVThu01/16/14Tue01/28/14

Good! :D

Last edited:
FWIW, I just had a chat with Dish online. I asked nicely if there were any premiums available free on my account. The rep was very nice and gave me Cinemax, Starz, Showtime and BB@H free for three months.

I just those channels free for three months and it expired less than 2 months ago. Merry DISHmas to me.

You get annoyed easily haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It annoys me too. You shouldn't see ANYTHING over a movie or its end credits from a premium channel because that is reason for paying for the premium channel in the first place. The only place you should see them is between the programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)