Guide brightness fluctuation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
I have noticed on my TV (DLP) and the plasma at work and numerous customers sets that the brightness of the guide will vary depending on what is being displayed in the inset window.

It is subtle but if the inset goes from dark to light in an instant the guide will get brighter or darker. It happens so fast I am not sure if a brighter inset makes the guide brighter or darker but that really isn't the point.

Why should the brightness of one section of the screen affect the rest of the screen. If it happens in the guide I am sure it is happening when watching regular programing, but the change would be swamped by all the other action on the screen.

I doubt that there is a fix for this or that it is even a problem, just wonder if anyone else has noticed this and what you think.

Brad

For Brad1138

Brad

I have an off-topic question. Sorry for posting here, I could not find any othe way of contacting you. Hopefully you will read this.
I wanted your opinion on the Biamp eminence 300 amplifier that you have. I have the option of buying it locally for about $170. I intend on driving a pair of B&W 803 speakers with it. I cannot find ANY information about the amp online.

Please send reply to ryan4301@yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts