Guide information not available?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

transco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
For some reason, I no longer have a guide on my 922. The message is: "Guide Information not available". Any idea why NPS / Motorola would stop sending me the guide? My subscriptions are OK.

You need to park the dish on G1 channel 3 and turn the receiver off, generally I just leave mine there overnight and it downloads 1-2 days of the guide. I was getting my guide as of yesterday evening......I left it on G1 overnight last night and I can check when I get home this evening to make sure I have the guide info.

I've had a lot of similar problems with my guide too. I sub thru NPS and once in a while when I hit the guide button, I get that same message. I tell the thing to go to G1 and sometimes it will take 30 minutes for the guide to download. It did this yesterday. Then when I hit the INFO button, it says "we are processing your request" and it will sit.. and sit.. last night it did that for an hour and I never got the "INFO" stuff for the guide. I checked the quality on G1 3 and it was around 83. so I gave up and watched RTN for a while instead

I have had the same problem with the guide. It seems to work out best if I park my dish on G1- 158 and turn it off. I have a sub for this and it does work better than if I try and let it update by moving the dish itself.

how . . big . . is . . it . . ?

A little off topic, but I've wondered this for a long time.
How many hours or days of guide do you get?

I once used a receiver with a 4-hour guide. That sucked.
I've used receivers with 2-day, and that's helpful.
I've also used a week-long guide, and that is just about perfect, IMO.

Most people using the DTV converter boxes get what's on now, and what's on next.
. . . and they are grateful! They think they've died and gone to heaven! :)
I believe only three out of the myriad of boxes, get 12 or more hours in advance.

So, what does 4DTV give the masses? :rolleyes:

with my 922 it varies.. sometimes I'll get an entire day's worth.. other times, 8 hours, sometimes nothing at all.
it also seems that no matter what, the guide will not go past 2am for the next day. I've gone to G1 3 and let it update the guide at midnight and it will show nothing past 2am .. just "no info"

My 905 gives the average of 2 days on it's own, but you can force to to look ahead about 6 days. If you go into options and select a future day of the week and select what time of day ( morning, evening etc) it will download that future day's guide in a few minutes.

My 922 just sits on 105°W and never has the guide beyond what's currently on without details.

You might also want to check with your program provider to make sure they have the IPG turned on, I've had it happen a couple times with SRL when ordering online.

A little off topic, but I've wondered this for a long time.
How many hours or days of guide do you get?

I once used a receiver with a 4-hour guide. That sucked.
I've used receivers with 2-day, and that's helpful.
I've also used a week-long guide, and that is just about perfect, IMO.

So, what does 4DTV give the masses? :rolleyes:

My 905 seems to get somewhere around 2 days at a time.......even still I park it at G1 every night just to make sure I'm up to date.
Having said that, I've only been using it just over a week so it may vary.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts