Guide Suggestions

HD only list (SD duplicates and SD only channels hidden)
And an option to hide the VOD/App lines

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not sure what you mean - there is a guide option now (Guide Settings/Advanced) to "Hide Duplicate SD Channels" (ON of OFF).... maybe that's not what you mean?

Not sure what you mean - there is a guide option now (Guide Settings/Advanced) to "Hide Duplicate SD Channels" (ON of OFF).... maybe that's not what you mean?

Most customers who post this request don't even want to see the SD only channels. Like some local channels or TV Land, etc...

Personally, I just ignore them in the guide when paging through. And for me if the channel is only in SD then I want to see it in case something interests me.

Prior to the new CUI, you could select "Show HD Channels Only." You didn't see the non duplicated SD channels at all. You can't do that today.

Just got my hopper 3 and really not impressed with it as a whole so far, I will have to get used to it but i can tell already i won't.

As far as the guide, when you are in the guide is there a way to show the channel info on the top instead of the right side of the screen?

Reactions: beandaddy
I liked the old guide better. It showed three hours. The full breadth of primetime.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Just got my hopper 3 and really not impressed with it as a whole so far, I will have to get used to it but i can tell already i won't.

As far as the guide, when you are in the guide is there a way to show the channel info on the top instead of the right side of the screen?

I wanna say I've seen the option for it but may be mistaken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since when do programmers of all ilks think that change for change sake is good?

Narrowing the time window is BAD!

Higher resolution of the guide is GOOD!

Dish do you know who your subscribers are - did you ask any of them or did you just let the millenials in the room have free reign?

Fortunately, I still have my H2's with the decent guide, I will not opt for the new one if I have a choice.

One reason I have not fallen for the 16 tuner idea - my setup with 11 is good enough for the 2 of us. (2 - OTA; 4 - PTAT; 5 - SAT tuners available)

Since when do programmers of all ilks think that....
Programmers don't make those decisions. Others make them, tell the engineering group what they need, and the programmers simply implement it.

Dish does focus groups, surveys, etc. Odds are that any changes we see were voted favorably by the majority of the people they asked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)