Guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kozmo104

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Flint Michigan area
Why sometimes it takes for ever for my guide to load? Sometimes it take 45 mins on some of my reciviers. Then finally when it does i select a channel and 45 mins later have to load it again. This has been going on for some time now. It happens alot.

shouldnt have to do that all the time

do a soft reboot (press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds then let go). That should flush the system and give you a 44 hour guide. My dad has 2 301/311's and havent experienced this issue (yet) ;)

ok i will try and see if this works. Should I be turning my receivers off at night? I know that we usually leave them on all the time.

The receivers do need to be off to do their nightly updates, but so long as you don't have it disabled, they do them automatically (so long as you don't stop it). You can also run a check switch test to force the guide update (menu-6-1-1-check switch-test).

The 2 day guide info comes off satellite 119 transponder 19 (or 110 trans 21), and low signal off of these could also cause them to take longer to download

ok i will try and see if this works. Should I be turning my receivers off at night? I know that we usually leave them on all the time.

yep thats part of it too. The 301 & 311 dont have (or maybe they did but it can be turned off) the auto shutdown where if no button is pressed in say 4 hours the unit goes into standby. If you leave it off overnight then when you hit guide it tries to refresh the guide. Turning it off at night helps the guide update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)