Guitar Hero Aerosmith

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Anyone else pick it up? I grabbed a 360 bundle today. Only played the 1st set but so far great songs, IMO. Seems the same as GH3. Just new songs. I've stated before, I like the look and feel of GH series over Rockband. But I love music. As long as they keep putting them out, I'll buy 'em. One thing I noticed. This guitar's neck snaps in tight with no movement. The one I got with GH3 is a little loose.

Anyone else pick it up? I grabbed a 360 bundle today. Only played the 1st set but so far great songs, IMO. Seems the same as GH3. Just new songs. I've stated before, I like the look and feel of GH series over Rockband. But I love music. As long as they keep putting them out, I'll buy 'em. One thing I noticed. This guitar's neck snaps in tight with no movement. The one I got with GH3 is a little loose.
I have it from Gamefly.
I plan on ripping through as much of this game as I can tonight. I played a little bit and it seems decent, but the short list of songs is rather disappointing. I wish they had put more songs from their comeback era, like from Permanent Vacation, Pump, and Get a Grip (Their best album in my opinion.) The covers are sort of stupid, but makes sense with the storyline of going from different venues. It seems like a driving force of this game is to expose the GH younger crowd to Aerosmith, as people have mentioned that the difficulty in this is rather tame compared to the other versions.

Activision is really stupid to charge full price for this copy. This should be at least $20 less than the price of the regular versions, as this has no DLC and really brings nothing new in terms of gameplay.

Can you play previous DLC on it? I am guessing this is something they'll try and bundle into the next Guitar Heroes now that Rock Band 2 has announced it will do so (Rock Band DLC will be playable in Rock Band 2)

Can you play previous DLC on it? I am guessing this is something they'll try and bundle into the next Guitar Heroes now that Rock Band 2 has announced it will do so (Rock Band DLC will be playable in Rock Band 2)
No and I think No. No you can't play any DLC on GH Aerosmith, not even stuff from GH3. And I thought I read that since GH3 and WT are so different, the DLCs won't work on each one. But yeah the RB statement is true.

While we're on the subject of GH, who's downloading the Top Gun theme song?
Free Song

I will be renting this one. I am not paying that much for something that should be a download.

While we're on the subject of GH, who's downloading the Top Gun theme song?
Free Song
I am SO on top of that.

I have to say that even though Activision has been lacking in terms of DLC that you pay for, at least they have been splattering in some decent Free DLC.

Between "Dream On," the guitar duels, the Halo Theme/God of War Theme, "We Three Kings," The Dropkick Murphys 3-pack on St. Patrick's Day, "I am Murlock," and now this, I mean we basically got like 11 songs for free from these guys. We only got 1 so far from RB, and I find that song to be incredibly annoying.

I'll be making sure that I can get that song the day it comes out.

I will be renting this one. I am not paying that much for something that should be a download.
Well if you don't have any GH games or guitars I'd agree, but if you're new to GH and are a big Aerosmith fan then it does make some sense.

If nothing else though, the game is an easy way to build up some achievement points. I've had the game for 3 days, haven't even beat it yet, and already I have more achievement points than I do in GH3, and when it's over I'll probably have more from that game than I will GH2 and 3 combined. Hell you can get about 40 achievement points from failing in various circumstances. This will be the first time I will go online to play GH, because I have such little faith in my GH abilities I don't want to go on and get embarrassed, but now when I do it I'll get rewarded for it!