Guy Thing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
lookin' in all the wrong places !

I don't have very many ladies on my SETI team (of 2000-odd members).

Lady visitors to the VideoReDo forum (video editing software) are few and far between.

There are a good number on the SlickDeals forum, but that caters to handbags & underwear, as well as the electronic toys I go there to see.

Do ya think maybe they're discriminating against us? - :up - :eek: - :D

My wife wants to watch FTA, but does not want to learn how to use the system. In the old days when everything was on C Band analog, if she had to change to a different satellite to watch what she wanted, she didn't watch it. I really can't complain, I got into FTA when I retired in late '03, and she has bought me all of this neat equipment to play with. :)

Hi I'm a women!

Just was lurking and had to respond.I just found out about c-band this weekend and I'm getting my first dish on Saturday!I read the posts on dish hunting and found one 4miles from home on the way to work.I will post pics if it's not beyond me! It's a 10' Channel master mesh that seems in good condition and seems the mesh might permit KU band as well,I'm also bidding on a Coolsat 6000 on ebay since it seemed well liked here.I live off the grid in Vermont and do all the tech stuff for the house and work on the cars as well.My husband is a school bus driver and makes knive as a hobby.I own my own Business as a Massage therapist.Hope this won't warp your reality to much!;)

Attachments

• dish pics 001.jpg
    dish pics 001.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 161
  • dish pics 002.jpg
    dish pics 002.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 110
  • dish pics 003.jpg
    dish pics 003.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 126
  • dish pics 007.jpg
    dish pics 007.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 99
  • dish pics 005.jpg
    dish pics 005.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 107
Just was lurking and had to respond.I just found out about c-band this weekend and I'm getting my first dish on Saturday!I read the posts on dish hunting and found one 4miles from home on the way to work.I will post pics if it's not beyond me! It's a 10' Channel master mesh that seems in good condition and seems the mesh might permit KU band as well,I'm also bidding on a Coolsat 6000 on ebay since it seemed well liked here.I live off the grid in Vermont and do all the tech stuff for the house and work on the cars as well.My husband is a school bus driver and makes knive as a hobby.I own my own Business as a Massage therapist.Hope this won't warp your reality to much!;)

Wecome to the forum! That's a fine looking BUD you found there, should provide a lot of great FTA viewing with the Coolsat when you get it all setup. :)

I'll be needing lots of advice once I get it home!Thanks for the welcome I seem to have a habit of responding to old post!!!!:eek:

I'll be needing lots of advice once I get it home!Thanks for the welcome I seem to have a habit of responding to old post!!!!:eek:

You've come to the right place for advice, lots of brainpower and knowledge here...I'm hoping a little of that will rub off on me too eventually. ;)

Lots of info in the sticky threads and FAQs, read and learn, ask questions, get that dish home and go for it, good luck!

kzinbastet -

Well, WE don't discriminate, so welcome aboard! - :up
Over in the BUD section, you'll fit right in with your nice recycled Channel Master!

The -persons- there will brief you fully on what it takes to make the Coolsat run the BUD.
Or, maybe you've already read similar threads, and are up to speed.
Either way, another BUD is always a good thing, and so is a little Ku dish!
We'll have you drowning in TV in no time. - :eek:

My next great adventure will be getting it apart and home!Do you think the mesh is small enough for Ku Band?You could just get the tip of a pencil thru it.Again thanks for the welcome.:)

My next great adventure will be getting it apart and home!Do you think the mesh is small enough for Ku Band?You could just get the tip of a pencil thru it.Again thanks for the welcome.:)

I believe you will have no problem with that size mesh.

I can get more than the "tip" of a pencil in the mesh of my dish.

No problem with Ku here.

I feel compelled to say, as long as you are spending money on a new receiver, you might want to consider a HD receiver. More and more programming is in HD and it's frustrating to tune in a feed only to see that you can't see the video. This includes some network programming available quite often during primetime. I'm afraid you'll end like me, spending money on the SD receiver than spending more for a HD model.

It's your money, so spend how you like but, reading your post I wouldn't feel right if I didn't alert you to this.

IRD?

I'm not sure what this is!He did not have any of the old receivers ,so I'm just getting the dish and as much of the ribbon cable as i can:confused:

I'm not sure what this is!He did not have any of the old receivers ,so I'm just getting the dish and as much of the ribbon cable as i can:confused:

IRD= Integrated receiver decoder. In other words the C band receiver

You'll need a way to move the dish since you aren't getting an old receiver. You can get your options in the C band forum or, probably this forum too. The V Box is one of them

Sometimes when someone gives away a dish, the receiver may go with it. You need one to move that dish, and as boomer said, a v-box will work if you don't get one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)