H-20 interactive or not?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freddog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2005
So I just picked up and H-20 and was wondering if it was considered an interactive receiver or not. I have been reading this forum and could not find an answer. Also, if this is an interactive receiver what are the benefits of this feature. Thanks in advance.

freddog said:
So I just picked up and H-20 and was wondering if it was considered an interactive receiver or not. I have been reading this forum and could not find an answer. Also, if this is an interactive receiver what are the benefits of this feature. Thanks in advance.
The H20 is currently not an interactive receiver. Maybe a future software update could make it interactive. The new HR20-250 hi-def DVR coming out later this year will be the first D* HD receiver with interactive service. :)

mcbeevee said:
The H20 is currently not an interactive receiver. Maybe a future software update could make it interactive. The new HR20-250 hi-def DVR coming out later this year will be the first D* HD receiver with interactive service. :)

Isn't the HR20-250 essentially the same as the H20 with the DVR compenent? I would assume the interface, etc. would be essentially the same. Maybe the software upgrade for the H20 will occur when the release of the HR20-250 happens.

i find it really stupid that it is a new receiver and is not fully interactive, especially with march maddness pack and some games in HD.

Problem with my H20

I know its not on target as far as the interactive question, BUT, am I the onlyone who is having a serious problem with my H20's remote. No mattter if I'm set to IR or RF the remote is hit or miss. I sometimes need to push the buttons 10+ times in order for it to register on the H20.

Should I return this one?

Thanks.

alta said:
I know its not on target as far as the interactive question, BUT, am I the onlyone who is having a serious problem with my H20's remote. No mattter if I'm set to IR or RF the remote is hit or miss. I sometimes need to push the buttons 10+ times in order for it to register on the H20.

Thanks.

No, you should replace the batteries. Those chinese batteries they ship with last for like a week.

alta said:

Thanks.
I have the same H20 problem when using the program guide...hit a button, wait 1-2 seconds and see what happens. When I'm working with the menu functions, the buttons respond immediately! :confused:

hdtvtechno said:
Alta did you install the RF antenna in back of the H20 receiver ?

Yes, The RF antenna is installed

"No, you should replace the batteries. Those chinese batteries they ship with last for like a week."

Yes, I replaced the batteries.

"I have the same H20 problem when using the program guide...hit a button, wait 1-2 seconds and see what happens. When I'm working with the menu functions, the buttons respond immediately! "

That's a good point. The function keys work OK . The problem is with changing the channels and the Guide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)