Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I have a question about the H10 receiver
Is it suppose to pick up any analog OTA signals.

When I do a scan for OTA I get all my digital channels 11.1, 13.1 24.1 ect, but nothing shows up on the plain standard 11,13,24 ....
Is it suppose too ?
On my old Sony HD 100 they did ...

Thanks for any advice on this and or input

Jimbo

When mentioning the off -air connection in the manual, it says. "Used to receive local, off-air digital broadcast channels" So I guess the answer is no it's not supposed to.

rockaway1836,
Ya you got me there, I glanced thru the guide, I gueass I should have read it closer :eek:

BTW, that stinks :mad:

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
I have a question about the H10 receiver
Is it suppose to pick up any analog OTA signals.

When I do a scan for OTA I get all my digital channels 11.1, 13.1 24.1 ect, but nothing shows up on the plain standard 11,13,24 ....
Is it suppose too ?
On my old Sony HD 100 they did ...

Thanks for any advice on this and or input

Jimbo

No it doesn't. I just replace an old Hughes E-8, that died on me, with an H-10 and that was the first thing I noticed, no analog locals, via antenna. My HTL-HD, picks them up but not the H-10. I would assume that is because now the locals come with most all of their packages. But the problem is, I get 5 more analog stations that D* doesn't carry on satellite.

I found a lot of things the older receivers have that the H-10 doesn't. Looks like it is a quick fix before the new MPEG-4 receivers are released. Another major thing that stinks with the H-10 is you can't sink a VCR to work along with your receiver, like you can with the HTL-HD or the E-8. I guess that is to get you to buy the HD-DVR instead of a regular HD receiver.

Split your coax that comes from the antenna and put one side to the H10 (for OTA HD) and the other side directly to the tv (for OTA SD) and that should work. I'm presuming your tv has multiple inputs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)