H20 Acquring Guide message

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dervari

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Has anyone else been getting this message on their H20? It popped up 3 times during Martha's Apprentice and my wife is mad as hell because it doesn't just overlay the picture, it completely blanks out the sound and video. Doing a ChUp/ChDn will restore the video and sound, but if you're recording something you're pretty screwed. She missed about 15 minutes of The Apprentice because of that. Now it just did it again during Alias.

Had it happen to me today once about 4:45PM CST. Didn't loose sound/video but it didn't go away, I did a reset to get rid of it.

Same Here

I don't know if this is bug, but it sure does act like it. My H20 does it usually in the early morning hours. It will do it at least twice. I loose picture and sound for about 5 to 7 min each time. I don't know how many times during the day. This really does suck. I know when I first signed on my H20 it had to do a software upgrade for about 15min. The tech from DTV told me that they were still working out some bugs. So I have put on hold, replacing my other recievers till they get it working right.

Here is the solution. If you're using the H20 with any dish besides the AT-9 you need to install the supplied line filter between the sat input and the coax to the wall plate. without it you will see acquiring guide data as you all are describing. Once you have the AT-9 upgrade then you can take it out. By the way, diplexers WILL NOT work with the new MPEG-4 low frequency stream. If you get the AT-9 dish, all diplexers must be removed.

Dknow said:
Here is the solution. If you're using the H20 with any dish besides the AT-9 you need to install the supplied line filter between the sat input and the coax to the wall plate. without it you will see acquiring guide data as you all are describing. Once you have the AT-9 upgrade then you can take it out.

Are you sure? The way I read the instructions on the H20 it was you need the filter that comes with it installed with the At-9, you don't need it for other dishes. I ran my AT-9 for three weeks on a phase III without the filter and never saw the message, only after the AT-9 install and filter did I see it once. Also, the installer that put in my AT-9 specifically asked if I had the filter so he could install it.

He was wrong. Every service call I've seen with the H20 has been because of installers and consumers misusing the filter. The H20 is ready to go with the AT-9 without the filter. The filter is to allow for temorary use of the phase III dish until a customer is upgraded.

Dknow you are all wet that isn't a filter and it is for use with the AT9 to allow the low stacked frequencies. I had the H20 guide problem on my showroom receiver. I took a software download and haven't seen it since (3 days). Do a reset and while the powering up message is displayed punch 02468 see if a download cures the problem for you.

Dknow said:
He was wrong. Every service call I've seen with the H20 has been because of installers and consumers misusing the filter. The H20 is ready to go with the AT-9 without the filter. The filter is to allow for temorary use of the phase III dish until a customer is upgraded.

I have to agree with that.

See my last post on this thread :)

BTW everyone with the H20 and AT9 dish, & with the filter installed, try to tune to for example to channel (317 QVC) or (370 SHOPNBC )

and tell me what do you see ?

hdtvtechno said:
BTW everyone with the H20 and AT9 dish, & with the filter installed, try to tune to for example to channel (317 QVC) or (370 SHOPNBC )
and tell me what do you see ?

I have the H20, AT-9, and filter installed and 317 and 370 came in just fine.

well with mine if i have the filter installed my some channels either pixeliates or says searching for sat signal...771 and yes i have the acquring guide problem also

but when i remove the filter the problem goes away
And yes i am getting all channels fine after, and i dont have the aquring guide problem anymore :)

boba said:
Dknow you are all wet that isn't a filter and it is for use with the AT9 to allow the low stacked frequencies.
I'm with you. It's not a filter, but a Ka Lo band upconverter, designed for use with the AT9. I had three H20's running with a Phase III dish and the B Band Converter Module did not work at all with the Phase III dish and H20. At least it didn't work at all for me - no signal, no nothing.
I've got an AT9 hooked up now, and found that the H20's work both with and without the B Band Converter. At least on all of the channels available now. I'm wondering if perhaps the B Band Converter will be needed in the future, if perhaps one of the future satellites with utilize that 250-750 Mhz range?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)