H20 HDMI failure

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
Since I moved, the HDMI connector has been flaky on one of my H20's. The cable does not seat properly, so the picture intermittently goes to snow. Hold the cable in-place, and it's fine.

After trying several cables and swapping my H20's, it's clearly a problem with the specific unit.

When I called D*, the level-2 advanced product support rep tried to tell me that all H20's are having a problem with HDMI; and he refused to replace mine. When I asked for his badge number, he did not answer but went for his supervisor.

The supervisor gave his badge number and informed me that it's only the H20-100's that are a problem; HDMI does not work on any H20-100. He quickly agreed to replace my H20-600 and put the rep back on the line.

So I've got (2) questions here:

1. Has anybody else had problems where the H20 would not "hold" an HDMI cable?

2. If all H20-100's are unable to use HDMI, why isn't D* replacing them with units made by other builders? Why tell customers that they simply can't have another unit?

I use my H20-100 with HDMI all the time so it's not the receiver that's the problem. If the HDMI connector is not working they should replace the unit.

The part I don't understand is, IF there were a lot of H20-100's with hdmi not working, why stonewall the people paying the most for their subscriptions (HD customers)? Why not replace them with H20's of different manufacture?

The stonewall tactic is nothing but a surefire piss-off-customers plan.

At any rate, my new H20-600 should arrivre today and shortly I will return the H20-600 that won't hold-onto the hdmi cable.

The HDMI out on my h20-100 has never worked either--picture for 3-4 seconds, then a blank screen for a second or 2, over & over &..... I just gave up & used component, but it's still BS.

Just to ice it, the replacement H20 arrived on Friday. It's a refurbished H20-100, and the HDMI has been perfect since I connected it.

In comparison, the H20-100 is noticeably faster and operates a good deal cooler than the H20-600.

The H20-100 issue has nothing to do with the physical seating of the cable. Some H20-100's are incompatible with the protocol that some TV's use. (Mostly Samsung.) A future software download will fix that though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts