H20 hookup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ohmster

Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
michigan
I changed receiver to the H20-100c. I am using a 18x20 3lnb dish.
I can get the 101 sat, all transponders show good signal strength.
I get na on both 110 and 119 sats.
I am using a sat/ant diplexer to bring down both sat and ant signals.
I have heard you cant use diplexers anymore, is this true? Thanks.

Dish is 18x20 Multi-sat AU2-F1.
Previous posts were regarding a different install, using diplexers to distribute sat and ota signals, ant and sat inputs were separate runs to receiver.
The situation now is I cant receive 110 or 119 sats, I was able to using my s Samsung SIR-TS360 receiver. Thanks.

That's the older Phase III dish which can receive 101, 110, and 119.
I suspect it isn't aligned correctly. This dish is centered on the 110 sat and the skew/tilt setting is used to bring in 101 and 119. List the signals you do get for all TPs.

I have the H20, on dish selection I choose the 18x20 3-LNB.
Running signal strength I find around 95 on all TPs on the 101 sat.
I show 3 at 95 on the 110 and I think 2 on the 119 sats, the rest say"na".
I just rehooked the samsung receiver back up and I am getting about 95 on all TPs 101, 110, 119 sats.
Do I need the newer slim-line with this receiver, if so could someone explain the difference betwwen the newer signals and the older.
I use to install these when they first came out but I will admit Im an idiot regarding them now. Thanks again.

You should get values on TPs 22-32 on the 119 satellite. The 110 sat only has 3 TPs that DirecTV uses. There could be something wrong with the H20. But, you need the Slimline in order to get the HD channels on 99 and 103.
And then you can't diplex OTA. Eliminate any diplexer to see if it helps with the Ph III setup.

Thanks JD you provided me with the info I needed, based on that I should be able to figure it out. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)