H20 Issue - My Letter to DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This explains my problems. I've had the H20-600 for about nine months, and lately the piece of garbage has been resetting and blanking out on me over and over again. As of late, it's been a lot worse. Trying to troubleshoot, and the solution so far has been to eliminate 1080i as an acceptable resolution. It's been 30 minutes and no freeze-out (knock on wood), so we'll see if this helps. Why should I sacrifice though? Hopefully I can get an exchange for a working receiver.

Supposedly last software update that engineers uploaded for H-20 is what caused all the issue. And now they are working on a new software update to fix that and it will be a few weeks until this is done and then probably all the problems will go away. But that is just what I've heard from one source.

They won't care. I was a D* customer as long as you until last week. Customer retention offered me $10/month for 10 months to keep me with them. I thought I was pretty nice when I spoke to them too.....after they cancelled two HR20 install appointments....not even a 'sorry for the inconvenience' from them. I did as you have threatened to do.....'one of DirecTV's competitors [E*] will have me as a new customer.'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)