H20 keeps on resetting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

veener88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
For about the last 2 month I have been having a problem with my H20 it is the LG model got it when the Chicago Market first got the HD locals. As you can see I am out of warrenty with it and I do not have it on the lease program. I know it has to be a software issue because when I do a hard reset on the box it lasts for about 2 weeks and then the problem starts again.

What I am trying to figure out is what to do to try and fix it. I am not sure since I bought the box if direct TV will do anything to help me out on it. I have to say it has been a while since I have had any problems with my systems and I am not sure with some of the changes with direct TV on how it would be handled now.

I have read about some software updates coming out but I not sure how much longer I can put up with all of this.

Thanks

If you don't already have it, get the protection plan, wait 31 days (obviously if you already have the protection plan, you don't have to wait 31 days), then tell them about the H20, they'll replace it free.

I had the H20-600 (LG) with no protection plan. I had the same problem, basically that the receiver suck. Great tuners, terrible otherwise. Anyway, I called and complained and got them to send me another one. They couldn't get it to authorize, or the two others that they sent me. Luckily, I have an LG3200a, really the best non-mpeg4 box out there. I'm using it now, hoping by the time D* comes out with the new hd channels that the HR20 will be better than the H20.

if u are on the lease program they should replace it free anyway, right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts