H20 Receivers keep rebooting/resetting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rtyndall

Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
I have 2 H20 receivers that keep rebooting at random. I replaced one of them for the same problem but it reboots too.

Has anyone else had this problem? I hesitate to replace my HD Tivo unit with the DirectTV DVR if I am going to have the same rebooting problem.

I sure wish that DTV would not manufacture their own receivers. There was more choice when they let other companies create their own.

Thanks
Ron

I have 2 600 series that both have had this trouble. D*tv replaced one of them twice. The first one was also a 600 and it failed after about 4 weeks and the 2nd time they replaced it with a 100 and I haven't had any trouble with that one since.
Don

I have 2 H20 receivers that keep rebooting at random. I replaced one of them for the same problem but it reboots too.

Has anyone else had this problem? I hesitate to replace my HD Tivo unit with the DirectTV DVR if I am going to have the same rebooting problem.

I sure wish that DTV would not manufacture their own receivers. There was more choice when they let other companies create their own.

Thanks
Ron

Other companies do make the new receivers, they just say Directv on them. Have you participated in the CE program? There are software downloads that may fix your problem. Look in the CE forum on the Directv page on Satelliteguys.us.

Thank You, What is the CE program?

My 2 receivers are at software version x24 and x21. One is a H20-100 receiver and the other one a H20-600 receiver. Both of them reboot at random. I have noticed so far that they reboot when I am watching OTA HD channels.

Thank You, What is the CE program?

My 2 receivers are at software version x24 and x21. One is a H20-100 receiver and the other one a H20-600 receiver. Both of them reboot at random. I have noticed so far that they reboot when I am watching OTA HD channels.

It is a beta software program that is run by Earl at dbstalk.com. The CE forum here has all of the details that you need. Make sure to read about not contacting the D* csr's if you run into problems.

Is there any difference between the H21 and H20's? They look identical from a screen shot and functions perspective. The H21 is black, the H20 is silver. How about reliability? Is one better?

Is there any difference between the H21 and H20's? They look identical from a screen shot and functions perspective. The H21 is black, the H20 is silver. How about reliability? Is one better?

The H21 has no ota tuner. It is very new to the market, so comparisons are difficult.

I was hoping the H21 would be solution but with no OTA tuner that is a big negative. I would not be able to get the additional channels that are available, .2, .3 etc and I would have no backup during rain fades.

My H20 receiver on my UPS rebooted again yesterday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.