H20 side-by-side w/H10 at BB in DMA#24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
What do you guys make of this? Went to Best Buy in Columbia, MD, part of the Baltimore DMA (#24), and there's 3 H-20's next to 3 H-10's, stacked in a way that would make you think that one of each had just been purchased. And to top it off, both models are on display side-by-side. What do you make of this?

Some idiot was too lazy to see the difference between the two models and didn't label them as such! That sucks because somebody is going to buy the older model H-10 and think they have the H-20! BB sucks!

I saw in BB's flyer, in todays paper the disclaimer, "Models may vary by store". Guess it should of read, "Models may vary within store".

Smthkd said:
Some idiot was too lazy to see the difference between the two models and didn't label them as such! That sucks because somebody is going to buy the older model H-10 and think they have the H-20! BB sucks!

I don't know. I didn't take the time to ask anyone, but it almost looked like they were giving people a choice. The boxes are completely different, so if you know what you're talking about, you wouldn't mess them up. No advantage to the H-20 in my DMA anyway. In fact, I'm not even sure they'd give the 5-LNB dish.

But the Baltimore DMA is close enough to the DC DMA that is in the top 12 to justify carrying the H20's.

I believe that from reading the news, all HD models going forward are the H20. My local BB has stated that they are comming in. (Phx is DMA 14) and that the warehouse has them.

I am sure that D* wants to sell the new H20's to new customers, ASAP. That way it will cost them less when it comes time to swaping out all of the H-10s and other HD receivers. I would expect to see the H-20 in all outlets, real soon. As they work on both MPG formats, they will work in a market that doesn't have MPG4 yet, and later when that market has MPG4 HD, they only need to swap out the antenna, for the new 5 LNB one.

yeah but truth is they get rid of stock first since it was pay for you might see bb sell hd ird for 49 or cheap because they want new models in stock before end year.

herdfan said:
But the Baltimore DMA is close enough to the DC DMA that is in the top 12 to justify carrying the H20's.
Especially the Columbia store where Bigpro was at. Travel just a few miles south of where we live and your in the DC DMA.---Ray

I went to CC today and purchased a new H20 here in Chicago. It's up and running! They have a whole bunch of them. No new dishes yet. My Hughes E86 crapped out a couple weeks ago,so I needed to replace it. Robert, I emailed your business on Monday 11/7 about my problem,and never heard back from anyone yet. I wanted to buy from you.

Best Buy H-10 and H-20

I was at the Best Buy rt 23 in Dekalb IL today, they had the H-10's and H-20's quite a few sitting on the shelf right next to each other. It was also cool to see the H20 said Mpeg 4 on the side whicj I thought was cool.

Just wanted to report that my local CC in Northern Westchester, NY (Cortlandt Manor) has five H20s in stock and on the floor. I got there late last night to pick up a few DVDs and couldn't stay. It had one on display but I don't know if that was the one hooked up to the monitor that was closest to it. Price was $199.

mulesqb said:
Just wanted to report that my local CC in Northern Westchester, NY (Cortlandt Manor) has five H20s in stock and on the floor. I got there late last night to pick up a few DVDs and couldn't stay. It had one on display but I don't know if that was the one hooked up to the monitor that was closest to it. Price was $199.

We're in Westchester county and have more than 200 H20's in our inventory.

We also ship nationwide and have H20 inventory in 21 warehoused across America.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts