h20 signal concerns

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrhomeent

Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
OK im sure this has been brought up before but I am new here. Why is it that when Iinstall a H20 with a KA/KU dish I am only getting a signal strength of about 75-80 on the receiver, I get about around a 94 or 95 on my meter, if I take the line off the H20 and hook it up to a D11 it reads about 93, is there something im doing wrong or what? any help would be appreciated.

it has been mentioned the H20 will display signal readings lower than other receiver. I have a 3LNB and my H20 always reads in the mid 70's on Transponders 1-3 on A and on my old RCA 435's, in the 90's.

jcrhomeent said:
OK im sure this has been brought up before but I am new here. Why is it that when Iinstall a H20 with a KA/KU dish I am only getting a signal strength of about 75-80 on the receiver, I get about around a 94 or 95 on my meter, if I take the line off the H20 and hook it up to a D11 it reads about 93, is there something im doing wrong or what? any help would be appreciated.

the meter on the h20 will read lower than just about every other dtv stb out there. this has been discussed at length thruout all of the forums. dont be concerned with this. the h20 has a great over the air tuner though. well at least some versions of the h20 do, i cant speak for all of them

When my Ka/Ku and H20 was installed the installer told me to add 20 to the signal strength shown on the H20 signal strength meter to get the "true" signal strength at the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)