H21 / H23 CE Release 4/3 version x42E4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Actually I thought this was the DVR thread, heh, sorry. I don't have any sluggishness with this release. Everything is working great.

And yet again, I spoke too soon. Lost signal once last night. Signal shows all 0's on everything, and there's a 771 error. The AM21 still stays powered up when turning off the receiver.

No, it's not a big deal, and no I'm not too upset about it, but I thought the idea of CE was too point out things that aren't working or aren't working right.
Having a unit stay on after turning it off doesn't sound like it's working right, and while it might not use much juice or cause any other problems it does present an inconsistent user experience when it does turn off when attached to the HR series.
Of course DTV COULD add my locals, like dish has, then I wouldn't need the AM21..... :)

Take care,

L.G.M.

Oh yeah, it's a H23-600 wired directly to my dish, no switch.

And yet again, I spoke too soon. Lost signal once last night. Signal shows all 0's on everything, and there's a 771 error. The AM21 still stays powered up when turning off the receiver.

No, it's not a big deal, and no I'm not too upset about it, but I thought the idea of CE was too point out things that aren't working or aren't working right.
Having a unit stay on after turning it off doesn't sound like it's working right, and while it might not use much juice or cause any other problems it does present an inconsistent user experience when it does turn off when attached to the HR series.
Of course DTV COULD add my locals, like dish has, then I wouldn't need the AM21..... :)

Take care,

L.G.M.

Oh yeah, it's a H23-600 wired directly to my dish, no switch.

i would still have the am21 but I'm beginning to think that your H23 is defective. I've seen you post this issue many times and i think it's a hardware issue. unless your receiver runs correctly with the national release? :)

i would still have the am21 but I'm beginning to think that your H23 is defective. I've seen you post this issue many times and i think it's a hardware issue. unless your receiver runs correctly with the national release? :)

I thought so too, I've ruled out cabling by moving the unit around. I haven't reverted it back to the national release, but I don't recall it ever losing signal before I started using the CE releases.
Of course, it was only installed a couple of weeks before I started with CE releases and I might not have been "looking" for issues. (The national release doesn't support the AM21, so I'm not sure what would happen to that issue.)
I'm goingto revert it tonight and see what happens over the next few days.

Thanks,

L.G.M.

I thought so too, I've ruled out cabling by moving the unit around. I haven't reverted it back to the national release, but I don't recall it ever losing signal before I started using the CE releases.
Of course, it was only installed a couple of weeks before I started with CE releases and I might not have been "looking" for issues. (The national release doesn't support the AM21, so I'm not sure what would happen to that issue.)
I'm goingto revert it tonight and see what happens over the next few days.

Thanks,

L.G.M.

that's a great idea. either way i'm pretty sure there's another ce this weekend for the H23. let us know how it goes ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts