H21-H25 & HR20-HR24 CE Release 11/25

the CE released on the weekend (FRI & SAT) is always the newest firmware available. it starts around 11pm ET so not in the wee hours.

No stability or recording issues at all in the last 23.5 hours so going up upgrade my other receivers tonight if the CE will be up again.

got a buddy calling saying that the CE is not in the stream tonight. anyone got a word? he says it just searches and searches but nothing.

got a buddy calling saying that the CE is not in the stream tonight. anyone got a word? he says it just searches and searches but nothing.

I just did it tonight, too, and it took forever to find the update. Searched for a good 10-15 minutes before my HR21 and my H22s found the 058C and 048C.

Both my H21 and HR20 caught it right away. H21 just finished and the HR20 just started about 2 minutes ago.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Greetings-
I have never done a CE before. I have been trying to get the new HD GUI for a while but I cannot stay up that late. I read that this CE is "very high risk". Can someone tell me why this is a "very high risk"? If the only risk is that I may need to revert back to the blue GUI then I am cool with that as I would be losing nothing. Thoughts?

your are forcing a beta firmware update to you receiver as opposed to them auto-downloading a national release version; so that at a very high level makes it high risk.

Correct. But others have not been labeled very high risk. I run beta software at work all the time. I am just weighing the risk with this one.

Correct. But others have not been labeled very high risk. I run beta software at work all the time. I am just weighing the risk with this one.

Bah! Live a little! No risk, no reward!

I've downloaded plenty of CEs when they were labeled high risk, and never really had a problem. They are usually "very high" when they add some wacky new feature.. in this case, it's the energy saver function. Not sure how that's going to work on the boxes I have .. but whatever! We'll see! That's what being a CE tester is all about!

One thing I've noticed is that I cannot get the TV resolutions to show as "selected" under the preferences. Isn't there usually a little dot next to the resolution to indicate that it's supported?

Yeah I noticed that too. They need to fix that.

weird as my R22 (the one with the CE on it) rebooted about 1/2 hour ago and was stuck on the 1 of 2 after a reboot.

Had to do a RBR to fix that