H24-700 Receiver no channel icons

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
There's really not too much out there in regards to this, and quite honestly, i get a total of 9 channels on my receiver, Channel 100, National CBS x2, NBC x2, ABC x2, and FOX x2 by being grandfathered in many years ago, and I actually do not have a base package (it was removed many years ago by a cool rep). My bill is $15/mo for those channels. I don't want to get rid of my service because I don't want to lose access to the distant nets.

Last month, DirecTV made me switch over from my old RCA receiver to the new HD R24-700 Receiver (Fine by me!). Everything I'm seeing says I should have channel icons/logos on the channel banner.. I read that at one time, some folks "cleared their cache" by using the color button combination on Channel 1, but apparently it no longer works, Not do I get Channel 1. Anyway, the receiver is running the latest firmware force downloaded today and still no channel icons. Any ideas?

With such a unique account setup it is nearly impossible to tell. The DirecTV boxes aren't reliable at logos, but they do tend to come and go.

With your account, do you have HD Access and DVR fee, could be some of that kind of thing tied to those authorizations.
Could even be something triggered by any base package authorization.

I'd just be happy with the $15 bill if it gets you what you truly want.

I am receiving the distant net's in HD with no DVR Fee (Receiver only) or HD Fees. and believe me, when I got them to disconnect the base pack years ago, I was very happy, and the rep was even "wow, it really let me do that!" haha. I'm betting it has to do with certain authorizations of a base package as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)