H24 antenna setup problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, he needs the B-band converter, but his 99ca,99cb, 103ca and 103cb signals should then be in the high 80s to mid 90s when the dish is correctly aligned.

Hi guys, My Az buddy got a BBC and is now getting all the HD channels!!! He reprts signal strength in the igh 70s to the high 80s. If he has any problems with the reception he'll have a pro come out and align it for him. He and I are both elated at the helpful guidance you've given us here. thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!
Ron

Reactions: raoul5788
Hi guys, My Az buddy got a BBC and is now getting all the HD channels!!! He reprts signal strength in the igh 70s to the high 80s. If he has any problems with the reception he'll have a pro come out and align it for him. He and I are both elated at the helpful guidance you've given us here. thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!
Ron
If he added a BBC to get HD, it's not a SWM set up and if it's not a swm set up no need for a Power Insertor.

BBC's are not needed for a SWM set up ... are you sure the BBC's are what did it ?

Are you sure of the dish type being used ?

If he added a BBC to get HD, it's not a SWM set up and if it's not a swm set up no need for a Power Insertor.

BBC's are not needed for a SWM set up ... are you sure the BBC's are what did it ?

Are you sure of the dish type being used ?
He IDed the antenna by visual, seeing at tag that said ka/ku and by going to the Solid Signal site and seeing the same antenna there, a 5LS LNB Multiswitch. He then checked his antenna selection in the receiver menu and found he had used the wrong selection and was only getting 101, 110 and 119. When he made the right selection he was getting 99 and 103 and about 8 HD channels. When he got the BBC a few days later he now gets a full array of HD. I think he has it right at this point. He says there is no power inserter in the line anywhere that he can find. Thanks again for all the help, and what happened to our Buckeyes?????????? I still have relatives in the Akron area and they are in mourning!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ron

You nailed it Ron. Glad you got your buddy up and running correctly.

He IDed the antenna by visual, seeing at tag that said ka/ku and by going to the Solid Signal site and seeing the same antenna there, a 5LS LNB Multiswitch. He then checked his antenna selection in the receiver menu and found he had used the wrong selection and was only getting 101, 110 and 119. When he made the right selection he was getting 99 and 103 and about 8 HD channels. When he got the BBC a few days later he now gets a full array of HD. I think he has it right at this point. He says there is no power inserter in the line anywhere that he can find. Thanks again for all the help, and what happened to our Buckeyes?????????? I still have relatives in the Akron area and they are in mourning!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ron
So from what it sounds like, he has the older ka/ku set up and that's fine, that's a Slimline, just doesn't do the Single line stuff.
Therefore, like you found out, no power supply needed ... the recvr still powers the LNB in this case. And the BBC make the rest of the HD work ...
You did good !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)