Status
Please reply by conversation.

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
Have had this happen twice now. All of a sudden while watching 2nd tv with the H24 non-DVR, a message pops up to the effect that the H24 has disconnected from the HR24-500 DVR and that recordings are not available. Sure enough, upon checking, the recordings are not available on the H24. But after a while this malfunction corrects itself and all is ok. Happened for the second time this morning. Have not yet gone back today to see if it has again corrected itself. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

I was thinking like you, it's a SWM set up.

Try unplugging the Power Inserter, give it a few minutes and plug back in, might want a reset as well afterwards.

I have two dvr's hooked together. Three times one of them has lost the other. Rebooting fixed the issue. The last time this happened, I phoned D* and the technician said the problem can be fixed by reauthorizing the whole-home DVR from their end. He did that, and the problem jumped to the other machine. Weird. One more reauthorization, and both machines could see the other. I don't know if this will recur, but you might try having D* reauthorize the whole-home setup.

Hasn't been a big problem for me yet because both times it has reset itself without me doing anything. If it gets worse, then I will give D a call. Thanks guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts