H24 Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

63Fairlane

Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
United States
I have a SD directv rec in my camper and am using an 18" round Sat to watch SD channels. I am switching to an H24 rec and was wondering with a B Band converter can I use the same Sat and get HD channels? If not what satellite do you recommend and what is the easiest novice set up to get the HD service with the H24 in my RV? Thanks for any help

:welcome to Satelliteguys 63Fairlane!
You need a ka/ku type lnb and a Slimline dish. The 18" dish isn't designed to get hd channels. If you get a swm type lnb then you don't need the b band convertors. The older standard ka/ku lnb does require the b band convertors.

If you go with an SWM LNB, you MUST use a power inserter with the LNB, to use your H24 receiver...since it cannot power the LNB itself.
IMHO, since you are using this in a camper, I'd go with a non-SWM Ka/Ku LNB & the b-band converter...since you don't have to deal with powering the inserter.

I have a SD directv rec in my camper and am using an 18" round Sat to watch SD channels. I am switching to an H24 rec and was wondering with a B Band converter can I use the same Sat and get HD channels? If not what satellite do you recommend and what is the easiest novice set up to get the HD service with the H24 in my RV? Thanks for any help
Check your PM

If you go with an SWM LNB, you MUST use a power inserter with the LNB, to use your H24 receiver...since it cannot power the LNB itself.
IMHO, since you are using this in a camper, I'd go with a non-SWM Ka/Ku LNB & the b-band converter...since you don't have to deal with powering the inserter.
I would agree, however, IF hes also using it at his home he probably has a SWM dish there, it would be a convenience issue I guess keeping both the same.

No bband converter on the 18 dish for the camper
Right, the 18" is only seeing the 101 for the SD recvr (no BBC's used)

OP,
If you change to a Slim LIne dish, you'll use the BBC's with your H24 to get the HD channels.
If you go with the SWM dish, no BBC's needed, but you will need the Power Insertor to power the SWM LNB.

Btw, are we talking only 1 recvr when your done ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)