H24 question

krynn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2020
woodland hills ca
i do have one more question... i am wondering if directv will activate an H24 box for things like camping and tailgating. or will that be like trying to get blood from a turnip???

i do have one more question... i am wondering if directv will activate an H24 box for things like camping and tailgating. or will that be like trying to get blood from a turnip???
If you add it on to your already existing account they will .... then You take it camping or wherever.

Making sure that your home set up doesn't include the HS17 Server, as the H series won't work with the Server set up.

If you add it on to your already existing account they will .... then You take it camping or wherever.

Making sure that your home set up doesn't include the HS17 Server, as the H series won't work with the Server set up.
ok. i have the genie 54 but i was also gonna buy another dish and mount and take it with me i wouldn't even hook it into my home system

ok. i have the genie 54 but i was also gonna buy another dish and mount and take it with me i wouldn't even hook it into my home system
My advice would be to connect it at home and make sure it works and is active before hand, just makes it easier in the long run ... also, when you set it up at home, you'll be setting it up using a PI (21 or 29v) so it will see the LNB right away at home.
If you use a PI (21v would be fine) at the campground, it will be much easier transferring back and forth ... ( the set up without the PI can be difficult when chamging back and forth).

Btw, are you sure you don't want a HR24 instead ?

My advice would be to connect it at home and make sure it works and is active before hand, just makes it easier in the long run ... also, when you set it up at home, you'll be setting it up using a PI (21 or 29v) so it will see the LNB right away at home.
If you use a PI (21v would be fine) at the campground, it will be much easier transferring back and forth ... ( the set up without the PI can be difficult when chamging back and forth).

ooppss yea i would want an HR24 instead. i don't think there is an H24 box :coco .. i am thinking of going with a dome style dish also its portable and automatic... will DTV have those boxes or am i gonna have to shell out some $$$ at solid signal??? i

ooppss yea i would want an HR24 instead. i don't think there is an H24 box :coco .. i am thinking of going with a dome style dish also its portable and automatic... will DTV have those boxes or am i gonna have to shell out some $$$ at solid signal??? i
If you go with the dome style, it only sees the 101 Sat ... That at the moment is mainly SD stuff, if thats OK.

Or you can go the other route and spend like $1500 for a 3 LNB automatic set up, which would give you exactly what you have at home.

Or you could set up one like you have at home and get a tripod type set up and get everything.

Btw, there is an H24, its just minus the recorder.

Reactions: krynn

I'd hate to use a DVR for camping/tailgating because of how much longer they take to boot up (RV's with constant inverter power system excepted).

I'd personally want a H24 with a b-band converter and a conventional non-swm SL3 LNBF. Simplest setup.

Reactions: krynn
I'd hate to use a DVR for camping/tailgating because of how much longer they take to boot up (RV's with constant inverter power system excepted).

I'd personally want a H24 with a b-band converter and a conventional non-swm SL3 LNBF. Simplest setup.
Yes, that would be easy ...
However, I'm thinking about how it will be if they want to use it at home as well when not camping ....
At that point your dealing with trying to get the H/HR24 to change back and forth between SWM and non SWM.

That is not always easy to do.

Another reason why he might prefer the H24 over HR24 is because he probably either has a deactivated one laying around they didn't want so it is free, or he will have to pay Directv for it and the H24 will be cheaper to get than the HR24. I doubt they are offering anyone a "free upgrade" of adding another HR24 - they'll want to add a client to an existing Genie since that's cheaper and is using hardware that isn't rapidly approaching 10 years of age.

Another reason why he might prefer the H24 over HR24 is because he probably either has a deactivated one laying around they didn't want so it is free, or he will have to pay Directv for it and the H24 will be cheaper to get than the HR24. I doubt they are offering anyone a "free upgrade" of adding another HR24 - they'll want to add a client to an existing Genie since that's cheaper and is using hardware that isn't rapidly approaching 10 years of age.
I'm sure that, that is what ATT/D* would want to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts