H25 - 500 second setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammons

Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
colorado
I am new to this forum and new to Directtv. I have my home recently set-up with a H25 with a directtv recorder (can't remember the number). I also have an H25-500 unit that I want to put in my second home. At this point I don't have a clue as to what dish or other equipment I need for my second setup. When the installer set my home up he also configured my H25-500 unit. Please help me figure out what dish I can use, I saw on craigslist quite a few directtv dishes for sale, will they work for me? I will probably have to reconfigure the H25-500 for the new equipment. How do I do that? Thanks Jim

1st, Welcome to the Site !

I believe I have heard that the H25 requires a SWM set up, so you'll need probably the SWM3 Dish.

I would use the same dish your using now, it will make it a whole lot easier in the long run.

How many recvrs and what models are they, I know you have a H25, what other ones are you using and also what are you wanting to use at the second home ?

Don't forget, you need more than just the dish for the SWM to work.
You'll need the Power Insertor and potentially a SWM Splitter as well depending on how many recvrs your useing.

Welcome to Satelliteguys.

Jimbo is right, H25 requires SWM dishes.

Here is an example:
DIRECTV AU9-SL3-SWM Three LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna SL-3 LNB Combo (AU9-SL3-SWM) - DIRECTV Slim Line - AU9-SL3-SWM - Dishes&sku=

Make sure it is SWM, and you will need a power inserter.

You can find a better price calling around locally or sites like craigslist where you can avoid shipping costs. I know of many people that have paid around $40-$50 for a used local setup, just make sure it is SWM (ask if it needed a power inserter).

Heres what I have currently in my home. Directtv + HD DVR (I didn't see a number on it), SWM ODR only Power Inserter P121R1-03, SWM SL3S4NR2-02 PHS3D 110602280 dish. Do I have to get the same dish and power inserter as I have now or can I get a different model? I want to setup a second home with HD but no recorder. Thanks Jim

There may be different models available, but you must have a swm lnb on the dish and a power inserter to power the lnb.

Okay make sure I understand this. It actually sounds pretty simple. I need to find a SWM SL3 dish/LNB and a power inserter for it. I have a dish that looks like the same shape and size as the directtv dish (not the LND just the dish part) can I adapt that to fit the new SWM SL3 LNB? Trying to save money ya know. A guy on Ebay has what I need for $45.00 including shipping: GOOD or BAD price. Thanks Jim

Any swm lnb should fit on any Slimline dish. I think some of the early regular lnbs were proprietary to their brand of dish, but not the swm types.

Okay make sure I understand this. It actually sounds pretty simple. I need to find a SWM SL3 dish/LNB and a power inserter for it. I have a dish that looks like the same shape and size as the directtv dish (not the LND just the dish part) can I adapt that to fit the new SWM SL3 LNB? Trying to save money ya know. A guy on Ebay has what I need for $45.00 including shipping: GOOD or BAD price. Thanks Jim

Is the actual dish that you have a Directv branded dish? Or is it a Dish Network Superdish? They are very similar but slightly different.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)