H25 and DECA setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BSUGrad

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Pella, Iowa, United States
I have a system with 2 HR24s and 1 H25. My wiring looks like below. I am not positive about the Power Inserter part; I am not at home and am trying to do this from memory. Do I need another DECA unit for the H25?

--------------> Splitter ---------------> Power Inserter ----------> HR24
From Dish |
| -------------> DECA ----------> Router

--------------> HR24
From Dish

--------------> H25
From Dish

We have been having trouble with playback from the DVRs and the CSR stated that it is supposed to have one. I was looking online for wiring diagrams, but I am having trouble deciphering what I need exactly.

No deca is required. The deca's are all built in to your current receivers. Playback problems could be numerous things. What exactly are your problems you're experiencing?

SWM LNB(LNB with one cable output).Here is the tricky part,if your SWM LNB has a green label,you can hook the cable directly to your splitter(which would hopefully be green labeled for DECA). If your SWM LNB doesn't have a green label(was installed before DECA came out),you need to put a stop band filter between the LNB cable & splitter. From splitter goes the power inserter(hooked up to the power out port of the splitter) to your HR24,no ethernet cable or DECA adapter needed. Your DECA "Broadband/Cinema Connection Kit" will be hooked up from the splitters second port to your Router. Your second HR24 will be hooked up from your third port on your splitter,no ethernet cable or DECA adapter needed. Your H25 will be hooked up to the fourth port of your splitter,no ethernet cable or DECA adapter needed. If you are using a 4-way splitter,you're good to go,if you are using an 8-way splitter,you need to make sure that the unused ports left over have a terminator on them(which usually comes with the splitter anyway).

skyviewmark said:
Why did DirecTV have to come up with such a complicated system to get internet to it's receivers????

It only gets complicated when trying to marry old tech with new. For a system using all newer technology, it is rather simple. In my system - all new a year ago - each receiver has one coax homerun to a splitter. One receiver has the power injector connected in-line on the coax. The home cinema kit uses a cat5 cable to my ethernet switch and a coax to the splitter. A coax runs from the splitter to the dish. The only stipulation is that the connection with the power injector must go to a specific port on the splitter. Everything just works. About the only way this could be less complicated is if everything was wireless.

Unfortunately any time you try to integrate multiple generations of technology, no matter if you are dealing with sat TV, computers, audio gear, automobiles, etc - things are going to get complicated.

Having to run a separate coax out to the splitter to me seems to be the killer in this system.. I know with Dish you just plug their Broadband connection kit into the router and into a power outlet.. THe receivers pull it from the power line.. But Dish doesn't have MRV. Seems like a marriage of these two technogies is needed.

Is there any way you can run a cable from the DECA unit and the power supply on the same cable? I have a HR24 in my den, that is where the power supply is a cable runs from the splitter to the power supply to the receiver, then I have a separate coax running from the DECA unit that the Ethernet is plugged into to the splitter. From the splitter a coax runs to another HR24 and a H25. Can I combine that DECA coax with the power supply coax?

Agreed, I just got my Wireless ICK installed a couple weeks ago and so far it has never dropped the connection or failed to work flawlessly. I am a recent refugee from E* and the MRV is also great. Definitely not looking back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)