H25 can no longer record through HR34.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Can access the recordings on the 34. No problem!!! But, can't set up a recording on it's own. Any ideas what went wrong? Thanks

I am having this issue with my H25: When I attempt to set a recording on an HD channel to record to the HR34 (Genie Recommends is OFF) ahead of time in the EPG it will state this message: "Can't record. This program is already set to record.". The strange thing is that almost always when you set a recording for a program ahead in the guide on an SD channel or a program without the HD programming tag in the EPG it will schedule to record correctly (This seems to be the only pattern I have found when attempting to set remote recordings). Any program that is already in progress or when setting up a series link from the H25s to HR34 appears to work fine. I think this problem started occurring after I received x05CD on the HR34. I can also access all my recordings remotely with no problems.

No, it is a known bug with the latest HR34 software....

Man, I really hope D* isn't stealth-pushing the C31 by artificially crippling the H25.

I'm sure they won't be doing that, it's just a glitch. They've been installing HR34 with H24/H25 in peoples homes for the better part of this year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts