Ordering AM21 tuner from D*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

strogonowski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
Chitown
Is there a reason they want to charge me additional $50 service fee? What is up with that? I'll be installing that myself...

No you pay $50 for the AM21 and then whatever your stae tax is here it was $4.25 so I paid a total of $54.25 for the AM21 and I hooked it up myself and you will get it within 3-4 business days :) A big Thanks to Ice who also helped with me setting it up :)

Last edited:
interesting.....I just went in and made an order for one (to see if I could duplicate it) and it shows a $50 charge too.....gives me the reason

Sorry! Because of your payment history, we have to add a small fee to any receiver purchase you make today.
$50 "small fee"

Payment history? I'm on auto pay through my Telco so its paid on time numbnuts...

You might want to call DIrectv and see what they say

Yep, Just noticed that on top.. What of bunch of crap... Maybe because I'm new.. way to treat a customer with perfect credit and on autopay. I guess I'll order one some place else for a similar price.

I will see what it does for me i am checking now and i have paid on time always :) Mine shows same as i did before when I bought my first one :) Directv show this for me

Checkout Total:

$50.00

Sales Tax:

$4.25

TOTAL:

$54.25 Solid Signal is ahowing this for me DIRECTV AM21N Off-Air Dual Tuner (AM21)
$49.99

$49.99
Shipping Options: Ground ($ 6.95) Ground ($ 6.95) 2 Day ($ 23.95) Next Day ($ 35.95)
Subtotal: $49.99
Estimated Shipping Charge*: $6.95
Estimated Sales Tax**: $0.00
Estimated Checkout Total: $56.94
* Shipping Charges vary for Canada, AK, HI and PR Product Rebates: - $ 0.00
**Sales Tax Charged in MI Estimated Order Total: $56.94

Use Tax:

$0.00

Last edited:
This is what the DirecTV site does to me when trying to order one:

• Items were removed from your cart because of a shipping method conflict.
  • Your order has been updated based on your selection. Please review the information below and proceed.

[h=4]Your cart is empty.[/h] Click on the button below to return to your My Account page.

It would seem that there are problems...

I will see what it does for me i am checking now and i have paid on time always

When I've ordered my 2 AM21's it was $50+ tax.....I think because I have auto pay through the Telco instead of D* directly it throws that glitch up.
IN that case solid signal would be better

The $50 service fee "beauase of payment history" is added to receivers if you have gotten alot of credits recently, at least that has been my experience. When I had that, it went away after about six months.

My guess is their system is treating the AM21 like buying a receiver.

Did the same thing to me too. The explanation I got was that expert installation was free so the 50.00 goes into dtv's pocket. DTV customer service sucks after you sign that 2yr contract. They will nickle and dime you any way they can. But if you consider buying a receiver from a out side source you have to send DTV your card and they send you one of theirs at a 20.00 charge per card so they get you again!

When I've ordered my 2 AM21's it was $50+ tax.....I think because I have auto pay through the Telco instead of D* directly it throws that glitch up.
IN that case solid signal would be better

I bought mine through Directv website :) For me it is cheaper through Directv as you saw in price :)

I bought mine through Directv website :) For me it is cheaper through Directv as you saw in price :)

I know that. When I bought both of my AM21's they were 50 + tax. But now it shows an extra $50
I was making the point that you are billed through D* directly right? SO they know your payment history
I'm billed through my Telco so it may be a glitch on that option with the payment history....even though I pay every month

I know that. When I bought both of my AM21's they were 50 + tax. But now it shows an extra $50
I was making the point that you are billed through D* directly right? SO they know your payment history
I'm billed through my Telco so it may be a glitch on that option with the payment history....even though I pay every month

Sorry to hear that ice that is crazy they are doing that to you and others greedy******** :D :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)