H3 restore timers

mike1973

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
I'm stumped. Got my H3 setup today, I had backed up the timers to the remote from the HWS but when I long press the 0 key for the system wizard, nothing happens on the H3. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

I did pair the 40.0 remote and all other functions work.

It's a bit different on the new hopper. You need to go to the menu page then settings and then down to diagnostics. Down to tools and you should see restore settings.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. Did that before and it seemed to restore some settings, but not the timers. Maybe something got messed up and they didn't backup right.

Give the timers a bit of time to show up. Mine showed up about 10 minutes after I restored them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Give the timers a bit of time to show up. Mine showed up about 10 minutes after I restored them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I unpaired the 52.0 and did the restore again to make sure it was getting them from the old one. I'll give it some time and see what happens.

Yep, that did it. Took a few minutes but they are there now. Glad I don't have to set them all up again!
If your timers that were restored are set to go into a folder, you won't see the recording unless you set the folder up manually on the H3. They will record, you just can't find them. After I set the folders back up on H3 the recordings displayed in those folders.

Just did all that is instructed and the restore fails every time. I think I read you have to wait for a little bit of time?

If I can't restore timers, I'm screwed. And that will just add to the disastrous install experience. The installers (4) were great. The "offices" they have to call to get things straight were a nightmare.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you . . .

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just did all that is instructed and the restore fails every time. I think I read you have to wait for a little bit of time?

If I can't restore timers, I'm screwed. And that will just add to the disastrous install experience. The installers (4) were great. The "offices" they have to call to get things straight were a nightmare.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you . . .
Hopper to Hopper works, sometimes
EHD works every time

Hopper to Hopper works, sometimes
EHD works every time
Yup, thanks. That's what all the guys today said. Glad I bought an extra 2TB the last time I got some. The "hyper"-tech said they did tests at the "office" and the box-to-box failed more than worked and the EHD worked the best. </insert need for intoxicants here>

Yup, thanks. That's what all the guys today said. Glad I bought an extra 2TB the last time I got some. The "hyper"-tech said they did tests at the "office" and the box-to-box failed more than worked and the EHD worked the best. </insert need for intoxicants here>
That's true. I've seen Hopper to Hopper work like 3 times

That's true. I've seen Hopper to Hopper work like 3 times

And here I checked this all out and thought I had a easy road. Thanks again!!!

Oh and the tech told me that if the SW wasn't the same on both units and the H3 will probably have a more up to date version than the HwS, it will never work.

I just took a Xanax and will follow it with probably a Mint Julep, Derby Day, or a Jack and Jack. Think I'l go with the latter.

And here I checked this all out and thought I had a easy road. Thanks again!!!

Oh and the tech told me that if the SW wasn't the same on both units and the H3 will probably have a more up to date version than the HwS, it will never work.

I just took a Xanax and will follow it with probably a Mint Julep, Derby Day, or a Jack and Jack. Think I'l go with the latter.
THat is also t rue, both units need to be on the same software, but by this time, I doubt any of the old UI exists anymore. Rare at best

Reactions: pattykay
It's a bit different on the new hopper. You need to go to the menu page then settings and then down to diagnostics. Down to tools and you should see restore settings.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is the same as the system wizard?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So my external hard drive can back up timers as well as recordings that are still on the Hopper?

You’ve opened up a 2 year old thread. But to answer your question the timers are stored on your remote not the hard drive.

Last edited:
That is what I thought and read. But I thought that might be a old reply that is from Google. That is where I searched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)