H3 software update?

Templeton0543

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Central California
I have the 501 update from March now and saw that there is an update to 506 now. I thought I would try out forcing an update, so tried it yesterday evening, it did its thing but when I checked it was still on 501.I thought I would try again this evening, it did its thing again and I still have 501 it says. Everything on my end as far as signal and internet checks out as ok. Any ideas as to why I can't seem to force the update?

Try it one more time, or just wait. There was the 505 update, the 505 pullback to 501, the reinstallation of 501 even if you had 501.
Just for clarity, the 5xx series software is Wally. (Or one of the Joey models, depending on whether the prefix is a W or a J.) Hopper 3 has the 3xx software series.

For the foreseeable future, should we just start putting "xx07" (for example) in the thread titles for new software releases, instead of listing any specific model's exact version number? Comment below. Your opinions will influence future New Software thread titles. Thanks!

I have the 501 update from March now and saw that there is an update to 506 now. I thought I would try out forcing an update, so tried it yesterday evening, it did its thing but when I checked it was still on 501.I thought I would try again this evening, it did its thing again and I still have 501 it says. Everything on my end as far as signal and internet checks out as ok. Any ideas as to why I can't seem to force the update?
Are you waiting the entire 20 minutes or so for it to complete? The steps download, restart to screen saver for a minute or so, programming memory, reboot

Reactions: charlesrshell
Try this out and see if it helps. If any different let me know please.

Attachments

• 1 Software Update Sequence.pdf
    403 KB · Views: 157
  • 1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg
    4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 5. Code 303 Waring Receiver's Memory Being Updated.jpg
    5. Code 303 Waring Receiver's Memory Being Updated.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 6. Code 498 Attention  Updating Remote.jpg
    6. Code 498 Attention Updating Remote.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 116

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)