H34 Genie Welcome Home!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kingofku

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Riverside County, California
I've been having some minor issues with HD reception on 99 & 103 so I called Directv to see about a service call. After a brief exchange of chatter between me and the CSR, I asked about the Genie. He said they had some special offers running and would see what I could qualify for. Turns out since I've been a subscriber since almost Day 1, I get the box for free. My only out of pocket was about $150 for install and rewiring (or something similar). They'll disco the multiswitch and replace the distribution with SWM and DECA.

I am looking forward to this. My wife was thrilled when I told her we could soon be able to record up to 7 programs at one time (5 on the Genie and 2 on the DVR in the bedroom).

Paid $49.00 for Whole Home SWM updates,Received free Genie, $50.00 one time account credit, $15.00 off my monthly auto pay billing for 12 mos. 2 year commitment was required and additional 3.00 mo advance system fee added.
Must play the roulette game and threaten retention that you will switch to Hopper. My aged Legacy system is gone!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Enjoy, the Genie is a great box and is getting pretty stable now, I believe most of the bugs are gone now and the box runs pretty smooth. Not the fastest box Directv ever made, but not a bad one.

Enjoy the Genie and it is a great box and I have it and love it and it's a great product Directv put out :)

$150 for install? That's usually priced at $49.00 so I still think you're paying for the Genie.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
It was $99 (Cinema connection kit) + $49 install. I imagine the Cinema connection kit covers the SWM splitter, power supply, possibly a new antenna and SL-3. I think it's still a bargain.

Appointment was between 8a-12p. Installer showed up at 8:04am! Replaced SL-5 with SL-3, installed 4 way splitter, power supply and the Deca stuff. He was here about 90 minutes. Installation was flawless. Loving the Genie. Except the "TV Shows" category in the search area says check back in one hour......that was 13 hours ago. We'll see what happens overnight. Wife is loving the 5 tuners and additional storage space. And of course, the HR-44 will be here next month. No wonder I got this one for free!

very cool you were 1st on the list :)

When I upgraded I was 1st that day too because according to the tech "I only had one receiver being swapped out"

When they delivered mine yesterday, they came at 8:15. It was nice to be able to have the Genie around most of the day to play with. :eek:) I was pleasantly surprised at how good the installer was; since I have used Comcast previously for 15 years. He really made sure the dish was sturdy and ran the coax like a true professional - neat and well hidden. I work for an IT company and our techs have pride in how their wiring looks for installs; and this guy was right there with them.

Mines on the way this week! I just got out of contract and threatened to leave. Getting the genie "free" but paying the $49 install fee. I'm happy with that! Can't wait my wife's a DVR monster for with the genie and the hr 24 we have getting put in the bedroom ill finally be able to watch a game or too while she's recording her bravo reality tv!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)