h44 genie says insert valid access card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

txkdirectvtech

Original poster
Aug 6, 2013
texarkana
I have a customer who I recently upgraded to brand new H44 genie and 3 c41 mini clients. Bout a week after upgrade customer called stating genie was saying account was not authorized for additional rooms and the genie said insert valid access card. I went back and done complete reset to default and system fired right up and worked for bout 1 day then went back to original problem. This is a new problem to me,anyone have any suggestions?

:welcome to Satelliteguys txkdirectvtech!

I've never hear of this happening on any system either. It sounds like a defective card, but who knows for certain. Have you tried calling and making sure the card is properly married to the Genie?

If it wasn't the correct card, it would have said the same message from the beginning, you wouldn't have video programming at all.

I'm thinking a bad card, have D* reset the card first, if that doesn't work, swap out the card, if that doesn't work, it could be a bad card reader, ala, bad solder joint ect.

Or the sub is actually putting a different card in the reader for some reason.

The system sends out the authorizations periodically during the week. If the receiver (in this case, the HR44) is missing that authorization, it could cause the problem your describing.
Does the customer disconnect the HR44 from the power at night? That could cause it.. if not, then I might be inclined to troubleshoot it in the same way you would as a Software download stuck at 0%.

try to resend auth to the account from the IVR, it hits a bit harder than a handheld. Although this does sound like the genie needs to be swapped to me. Insert a valid access card is most likely a bad card reader or card itself, and unless the cm wants to pay to have a new card mailed out your best bet is to have a NCRollback scheduled and swap the box. Im assuming your a tech from your OP. Might want to move this to installers zone if so.

try to resend auth to the account from the IVR, it hits a bit harder than a handheld. Although this does sound like the genie needs to be swapped to me. Insert a valid access card is most likely a bad card reader or card itself, and unless the cm wants to pay to have a new card mailed out your best bet is to have a NCRollback scheduled and swap the box. Im assuming your a tech from your OP. Might want to move this to installers zone if so.

Why ???

We can't discuss this type of thing outside of the Installer zone ?

I suppose we could, but customers have no need to know about the IVR or handheld procedures, none the less, I believe the box needs to be swapped.

Wasnt trying to be rude, and no offense intended.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)