Hacking for business and pleasure...

DailyTech - Sony Says LulzSec Lied About Number of Records Lost

I am from Sony Pictures and saw your piece this morning on the attacks Sony has been under. I wanted to point out that the 1 million number you refer to in relation to an attack was announced June 2 by LulzSec, however, the actual number is less than 38,000. There is a notice on our web site:
sonypictures.com (click on the red banner)

OK, Sony not learning its lesson now lashes out at a hacker group... How long before hackers steal 2 million accounts to prove Sony wrong?

I have to wonder at what point do you question who is behind some of these attacks now that the political machine is pushing for prosecution. Gotta wonder if the new military cyber units could be creating some of the scare to blame on Anon.

It would be nice to have a third party analysis what "sophisticated" in all those attacks means, something like Anon vs. HBGary.
The victims have every reason to blow the "sophistication" it out of proportion.

Also, for some reason I believe knowing who and when wrote Stuxnet (and who paid for it) would answer many questions about the sophisticated attacks.
Anybody remembers the early history of bin Laden?

Diogen.

It would be nice to have a third party analysis what "sophisticated" in all those attacks means...
Case in point: recent Citi hack.
Sophisticated here can only be called the level of stupidity of those in charge of security...
How Citigroup hackers broke in 'through the front door' using bank's website | Mail Online
[Hackers] simply logged on to the part of the group's site reserved for credit card customers - and
substituted their account numbers which appeared in the browser's address bar with other numbers.

Diogen.

DailyTech - Sony Says LulzSec Lied About Number of Records Lost

OK, Sony not learning its lesson now lashes out at a hacker group... How long before hackers steal 2 million accounts to prove Sony wrong?

The bottom line is if THAT is what they are doing THEY are as dumb as they try to make Sony and others out to be. There is almost NO POINT to what they do and their hacks / disruptions are the ones actually cause the most harm. They are criminals and use BS excuses and logic to do what they do and to try to make it appear "right". Any reasonable person easily sees right through this. They are terrorists!! It is uneducated, shortsighted and totally ignorant for anyone to defend, support, assist or condone anything that these idiots do. They should all grow up and contribute to the real society with their faces unmasked, IDs known and talents used correctly. Otherwise; place in jail for a long time.

They are criminals...
They are terrorists!!
They should all grow up and contribute to the real society...
Geeez...
For a second I thought we were talking about an idealistic society where everything is done right, and what isn't - gets fixed pronto.
I'm all for such a society. It just has one problem: it will never happen. Ever! It was, is and will remain a myth and I think you know it...

When talking about "real society", well, that's a whole new ballgame...
It is uneducated, shortsighted and totally ignorant for anyone to defend, support, assist or condone anything that these idiots do.
Hmmm...
I can't say I always welcome what they do, but I'm very happy they exist.
And based on their activity lately, I think they are anything but idiots.
I'd go as far as to claim they are smarter than most posters on forums...

Diogen.

Smarter, as in narrowly focused skills?
Again this narrow vs. broad foundation...

A person can have over/underdeveloped left/right side of the brain, but not a society.
Especially one that prides itself being the oldest democracy...

The foundation is always science. Arts (humanities) fill the "gaps", i.e. answers questions science can't (yet) answer.
Zeldovich (father of the Soviet A-bomb) once said: "Science has one right answer to a right question. Art has many."
And it will remain like this. Unless we learn to go back in time and decrease entropy...

Therefore, every scientific accomplishment is progress.
It's our (human) inability to grasp and stick to the old model that makes us pissed at what others do...

Diogen.

This will be a test how good the hackers are at hiding their tracks...
Suspected LulzSec mastermind arrested in UK

If Scotland Yard and CIA have to admit they got the wrong guy, it would be really pathetic...

Diogen.

It would be really bad if their computers were hacked into and the "suspect" picture and information was replaced by a patsy, and they arrested the wrong person.

Last edited:
Who would ever have thought, 20 years ago, that we'd be seeing this kind of news, or even conceive of this kind of crime. What will we see 20 years from now? "Crackers" seizing control of someone's artificial heart software and demanding money?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts