Hacking for business and pleasure...

GROW UP is all I can say to these f-ing idiots... The below speaks utter volumes of their idiocy and childishness (and those that defend them)! (disregard any spelling errors below as that is a copy of their statement)

"Every week we plan on releasing more classified documents and embarassing personal details of military and law enforcement in an effort not just to reveal their racist and corrupt nature but to purposefully sabotage their efforts to terrorize communities fighting an unjust “war on drugs”.

Hackers of the world are uniting and taking direct action against our common oppressors – the government, corporations, police, and militaries of the world. See you again real soon.”"

...and those that defend them!
I'm one of them and proud of it!
Considering the idiocy and stupidity of some "leaders" (W and his entourage comes to mind), this can be a good counter-weight.
And anything that can counter idiots like that - and those that defend them! - is a good thing...

Diogen.

Sorry to say; as I do not know you as a person, but the whole retaliation-like ideology is foolish.

Two (or more) wrongs NEVER make anything right; just worse. Words to live by. Doing the RIGHT thing is always the best thing and there is never any excuse or justification for doing otherwise regardless of what you think. Terrorism, regardless how slight, the commission of a crime to purportedly out others that have ideals, morals, politics or business models, etc that you do not agree with or to in fact to out ones wrongdoings, is still 1000% wrong; just due to the nature of the methods you go about to perform such tasks.

And that's all it is, an over simplistic, childish excuse to justify wrongdoing. Just like those you claim to hate; you too are doing the SAME things, just on the other side of the fence. And it is NEVER good to defend ANY terrorist; foreign or domestic; large or small; or anything in between.

I'll break it down real simple... Hacking = (is like)

Physically breaking and entering into say Scott's home office to steal files out of his office file cabinet because he said some bad about someone you personal liked or have ties with. Then you take those files and post them for the entire world to see. His personal life, finances all his phone records AND any contacts he has and their info too.

Would you support doing that? Its the same damn thing.. PERIOD. Any person with a shred of common sense can see this and how utterly wrong it is no matter what you may think of what Scott did or said. It really is so easy most 5th graders can see it.

We've been through this: ideal societies never existed, never will.
You want to keep trying to build one? Good luck.

And if you can spare me reading those stupid analogies, I'll appreciate it.

Diogen.

You are correct; never will be with folks like those being discussed out there continuing to do their illegal deeds. sadly you avoid the realities of answering a simple question because it would serve to place a negative light to YOUR held logic! cant wait till someone breaks into your home and everyone decides to support the criminal. yawn! done! thanks

Privacy and Security Fanatic: Microsoft: We're not vulnerable to DDoS attacks

Howie added, "At Microsoft we have robust mechanisms to ensure we don't have unpatched servers. We have training for staff so they know how to be secure and be wise to social engineering. We have massively overbuilt our internet capacity, this protects us against DoS attacks. We won't notice until the data column gets to 2GB/s, and even then we won't sweat until it reaches 5GB/s. Even then we have edge protection to shun addresses that we suspect of being malicious."

MS baiting hackers?

MS baiting hackers?
I don't think so.

DDoS is a well defined form of (extreme) network traffic that hasn't changed in a long time.
Using the right hardware running the right software should be enough to make this claim.

That doesn't mean, of course, MS can't be hacked.
For example, finding a 0-day vulnerability that opens a backdoor in a Cisco firewall can be enough.

But most likely the bang-for-the-buck isn't there anymore...

Diogen.

"At Microsoft we have robust mechanisms to ensure we don't have unpatched servers."

This, from a company that received a court order to apply their own patches to their own servers. :rolleyes:

We have training for staff so they know how to be secure and be wise to social engineering

I thought that was a big of wishful thinking. A lot of people, even well trained people, can still be fooled if the circumstances are right.

Good news! And I'm hoping for multi-year jail terms, with no access to computers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)